Second build incoming, a few small questions

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
phazulu
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey there friends :)

A quick backstory:

A few years ago I followed the strip build blog post on this site and used:

12x Samsung LT-FB22B 4' strips
1x Mean Well HLG-480H-48B Driver
1x Mean Well HLG-240H-48B Driver

And built a pretty great setup for my needs. For all intents and purposes they have worked out great for me, but my space is growing and I need to do a new build.

I have been using these lights for veg and flower and will be doing the same with the new lights.

My two questions are:
1.) Are there any new strips/build options that I should maybe look at instead that have come up in the last few years and are these strips still considered good?

2.) I would like to learn more about LED's in general are there any good youtube channels you could recommmend?

Thanks in advance for the help.
raf
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Made some questions jus secs ago, but for the basics (if you dont know them) just learn Ohm law and imagine led as resistors that impose a voltage drop, but in different series-parallel configuration you will get different currents running through each strip, and that current would determine the size of the heatsink, the actual watts its producing.
So you want a driver that can sustain the voltage drop between its + and - terminals in accordance to your circuit, and also the total current. If you know how much watts u got on each strip you know how much watts you need in your driver. If you keep your DC below 48V-45V you are at a safe place at least driver fails in a really odd and bad manner. At that votage you could prob short the driver with your bare fingers and survive, if the amps are not too much LOL.