Vesta Gen 1 Strips on 24v driver.

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Kiwi_Jezza
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey guys,

I've got a good number of 24v constant voltage drivers in my collection. A 200w, 2x 150w and a few smaller ones.

I noticed the gen1 vesta strips at a crazy cheap price on digikey.

Given these things run approx 25v at nominal drive current how would they go with a 24v CV driver behind them?
I'm guessing they would just be slightly underdriven which is exactly what I'm after.

Alternatively - if anyone has any suggestions for well priced LED's that work well with 24v I'm completely open to suggestions.
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

It's not going to light up unless you have a bit more voltage than 24. Some drivers have adjustable voltage and could work.

My fav solution for vestas are meanwell 48A drivers: they'll run 2 in series and as many strings as you want in parallel. 2 strings in series will save a loooot of wiring.
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

Kiwi_Jezza wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:24 am
Hey guys,
I've got a good number of 24v constant voltage drivers in my collection. A 200w, 2x 150w and a few smaller ones.
I noticed the gen1 vesta strips at a crazy cheap price on digikey.
Given these things run approx 25v at nominal drive current how would they go with a 24v CV driver behind them?
I'm guessing they would just be slightly underdriven which is exactly what I'm after.
Alternatively - if anyone has any suggestions for well priced LED's that work well with 24v I'm completely open to suggestions.
My Vesta 2750 can operate at 24Vdc... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5761

Vesta Build with TRP 75 Watt, 25Vdc Drivers, measured @ 23.98Vdc

There are lots of Bridgelux and Samsung strips that operate below 24 Vdc which could be used with LED Drives that operate in that "Range" (18 - 24 Vdc?), their output would just be de-rated. Good luck