Another amateur with questions, LT-F562B parallel circuit.

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
WifWaf
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey Chaps,

Another new person to DIY lightings systems here. I was wondering if you can awnser a few questions that I have mostly around drivers. Firstly though, thank you for all putting your knowledge in one place, this site and your discussion have been a huge help.

I'm basically planning to run 2 seperate small parralel circuits consisting of 6 x LT-F562B coupled with a HLG-150H-24A driver. I hope this arrangment is OK, they will be running at 50%, or in some instances ~30%, roughly as low as permitted by this driver.

I understand they opperate in CV mode untill the maximum current is reached, but does this include changes to the potentiometer, I.e. If I drop the current to 5A, would that be the new maximum for when it switches to CC mode?

Secondly, when you drop the current, I'm aware the voltage requirment change according to the I/V cure. So assuming the above is incorrect, do you have to adjust the voltage each time? If so, is it best to disconnect components?

Finally, and sorry if this sounds really stupid, but how do set the voltage with a multimeter before wiring any lights into the circuit? Is it simply making a loop? lol

I hope all the questions are not an issue, Cheers!
Last edited by WifWaf on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

WifWaf wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 pm
Hey Chaps,

Another new person to DIY lightings systems here. I was wondering if you can awnser a few questions that I have mostly around drivers. Firstly though, thank you for all putting your knowledge in one place, this site and your discussion have been a huge help.

I'll basically planning to run 2 seperate small parralel circuits consisting of 6 x LT-F562B coupled with a HLG-150H-24A driver. I hope this arrangment is OK, they will be running at 50%, or in some instances ~30%, roughly as low as permitted by this driver.

I understand they opperate in CV mode untill the maximum current is reached, but does this include changes to the potentiometer, I.e. If I drop the current to 5A, would that be the new maximum for when it switches to CC mode?

Secondly, when you drop the current, I'm aware the voltage requirment change according to the I/V cure. So assuming the above is incorrect, do you have to adjust the voltage each time? If so, is it best to disconnect components?

Finally, and sorry if this sounds really stupid, but how do set the voltage with a multimeter before wiring any lights into the circuit? Is it simply making a loop? lol

I hope all the questions are not an issue, Cheers!
Yup, when you drop the current, you lower the ceiling at which C.C. mode kicks in.

The voltage and current are tied together so as soon as you lower the current and hit that CC mode threshold, the voltage will drop too.

To measure voltage before lights, just hook up to the leads of the driver, positive of meter to positive, negative of meter to negative.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
WifWaf
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Fantastic! thanks for your help.