Strip light build thread

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
sweeper
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Here's some current numbers I checked with the amp clamp.

Strips pull around 1.6-1.7 amps at full power, pots turned all the way up.
Dimmed to 1.2 amps, they read about 46 volts.
Dimmed to 1.0 amps, they read about 45.35 volts.

Drivers pull around 6 amps each at full power.
Dimmed to 1.2 amps at the strip the drivers pull around 4.9 amps each.

I hope these numbers help. It sure would have helped me to know it all, especially working with residential power.

I've learned a lot. Some my original data and guesstimates early in this thread are wrong. I now have a light that uses less power than I expected from the wall and drives harder than I could ask for.

Final thoughts.. I personally have not studied much into the "measuring the light" side of this science experiment.. But I used everything I had access to, to make what the internet said would be adequate to pull a certain amount of power (which I can and did measure) to grow veryyyy effectively in my grow area. Now we all know that everything on the internet has to be true... so I'm anxious to find out and see for myself.

I hope I get to build more. I'd like to build something like this or similar for someone else.

If anyone has any questions, criticisms, concerns, etc.. feel free to leave your input. I like to talk junk like the rest of them! :twisted:
J.R.R.Toking
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yo, sweeper, man...awesome build!

Your penetration must be sick! Great job!

Thanks for visiting my thread, and I'm certain I'll have a few questions for you...but one question you don't need to wait for anyone to ask is, how does this baby work in combat?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Seconded! How is it working out for you?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
sweeper
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Well from what survived from first planting is going great! my work demand and buying a house have had me out of the game for a while. The light has been on at 3/4 power for a couple weeks now. Its proven reliable to say the least!

I am starting a new batch of seeds soon, now that I have more time to keep an eye on them. I still have my 5x5, but now I have an 8X12 full size room dedicated to grow. I hope to build a second light in a month or two. I need to get irrigation and other things sorted out now that I have so much more room to play with.

Under other lights I have been around/used I saw significantly more stretch than I do with this light. I'm really looking forward to see what it can do further!

I have enough stuff left over to where It will be a lot cheaper to build the second light.
sweeper
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

J.R.R.Toking wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 am
Yo, sweeper, man...awesome build!

Your penetration must be sick! Great job!

Thanks for visiting my thread, and I'm certain I'll have a few questions for you...but one question you don't need to wait for anyone to ask is, how does this baby work in combat?
Yea man! penetration is not an issue!! You can't even cast a shadow beneath it!