Samsung LM561C S6 from start to finish

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
seouleast
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi everyone. New here.

I am looking at the Samsung S6 chips because I am in Korea. What I want to know is will the LEDs take me from seedling to propagation if I run 3K and 5K simultaneously?

Thanks!
J.R.R.Toking
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I think you mean from seedling to harvest...right? Most people consider "propagation" to mean rooting a new plant from seeds or cuttings/clones.

That said, I'm assuming the above. Many people maintain that mixing two different light temperatures (in equal numbers) will just give you an average of the two...so in your example mixing 3000K and 5000K will give you a 4000K grow space. 4000K would probably be fine for both phases of growth, but IMO I'd rather have 3000K or 3500K for flowering, and 5000K for vegetative growth. I was told by the admin of this site that 3000k or 3500k is fine for all phases of growth, and will yield good results. But from my experience, I know that you will more than likely need to dim the lights for seedlings/clones for a while...I would say until they have roots popping and 4-5 sets of leaves, at least.

I've had this exact same question, and I've considered using a single light fixture with 4-3000k strips and 2-5000k strips wired on two different circuits, so that when the plants are in flower I use 3000k, and when vegging 5000k.

Here's the thread I made last week on this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=727&p=4950#p4950