TCI Strips build [EU]

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Eiktyrner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'd like someone to just double check my wiring, I think it should be alright but just wanted to make sure since I haven't done anything like this in a long time.

I know running 5 drivers is probably not the most efficient but they were included with the LEDs and I figured I will run it like this to start out. This is using the TCI strips at 23w each.

Blue is neutral and brown is phase if you are not familiar with the colours used in EU.

Switches are 4-pin but I only need 2-pin really as I shouldn't switch the neutral right?
As you can see I'd like the option to turn off 2 & 4. II don't think I will need all 5 running for seedlings.

Does this look alright?

Pictures of the build will follow, hopefully it's okay to post a build log without pictures yet :?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think there was a problem uploading
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That’s probably how I’d do it. Not to say that that’s the right way though :lol:
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Eiktyrner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:33 pm
I think there was a problem uploading
Refresh the page again and it should work, it's a weird bug with the forum preview or imgur.
LEDG wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:18 pm
That’s probably how I’d do it. Not to say that that’s the right way though :lol:
Seems to work fine, nothing is on fire yet :roll:

I'm waiting on the heat transfer tape so I can mount the strips. Will update with pictures of the frame when that arrives. Did the wiring yesterday evening and everything works as expected, except my eyes after accidently looking at the strips when I turned them on. Guess I need sunglasses indoors after all 8-)
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

When I refresh it flashes the image for half a second. Perhaps being on linux, and living without flash etc. is doing that. At least the others can see it
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Eiktyrner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Weird, I'm also on linux (Chromium running on Arch) and it shows up just fine. Imgur isn't using flash but maybe you have javascript disabled?
Does the link work for you?

Anyway, I got the tape today and mounted everything on my frame.
Wiring looks like a mess for now as I just wanted to try it out. The black box is a custom 3d-print that will also be mounted to the frame. It has the two switches so I can turn off either the whole array or just two lights.

Cheap power meter says 82w with 3 strips and 136w with all 5. It's on the low side for my size tent (120cm x 120cm (4x4ft)) I assume but I have plenty of room to expand on the frame. This will just grow seedlings to start with so I will add strips as I need them I think.

Link