Samsung Q series - characteristics.

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
PurpleGunRack
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The H influx do look interesting. A little disappointing efficacy given the LM301B diodes but I guess they're using cheaper bins?
''They'' (Samsung) use their own top bin diodes.

The efficacy is only supassed by the Q-series because of they run cooler, I think you might have been mislead by salesmen copying the specs on the LM301B diode to their PCB ;)
bone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yeah I was comparing it to Q series and the specs for the diode itself
PurpleGunRack
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yeah, Q-series is top dog, but expensive and same PCB design as the F-series (bendy plastic PCBs with indents for mounting)

The H inFlux are nice aluminium PCBs with holes for mounting, and around 15% cheaper per diode compared to Q-series, and you get a lot more intensity and potential than you get with the Q-series.
bone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

That would mean better potential for delivering heat to the heatsinks? I wonder if aluminum channels can do the trick or if purposemade heatsinks need to be employed.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Better potential with or without heatsinks.

Level of heatsink needed is determined by how hard you run them, and how much you are ready to pay for cooling. (cooler is a little more efficient)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"