Samsung F564B Linear Strip Build

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

What about thermal paste? Is it really needed?

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/p ... connectors
THERMAL INTERFACE MATERIAL

TIM such as paste and pads are Not Required when boards are used on flat surface like aluminum sheet or Slate series heatsinks.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

The back of a QB is very smooth aluminum. These strips are quite rough and uneven. In most builds I’d say yes, absolutely you should use TIM, but knowing that you’re running at such low power, you might get away with it.

You could always try with and without to see before you do them all.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm
The back of a QB is very smooth aluminum. These strips are quite rough and uneven. In most builds I’d say yes, absolutely you should use TIM, but knowing that you’re running at such low power, you might get away with it.

You could always try with and without to see before you do them all.
Thanks for the tip. I guess I will use it anyway. Better safe than sorry.
How many grams I might need for the whole build? 20g? 40g? 60g?
Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

UPDATE

The last 4 strips and thermal switch have arrived. Frame, screws, drivers and power cords are on the way!

Anyone familiar with thermal switch's? I might need some help wiring them. I don't have any clue how to :P

Cannadaled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey what's the spacing?

I seen someone post a 2x4 strip build
And the gaps started wider in the middle and slowly got smaller gaps. Some algorithm by 30% smaller each time for a proper light distribution.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Takeshy wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:47 pm
UPDATE

The last 4 strips and thermal switch have arrived. Frame, screws, drivers and power cords are on the way!

Anyone familiar with thermal switch's? I might need some help wiring them. I don't have any clue how to :P

How many switches do you have? All those thermal switches do is open their circuit when they hit their temperature threshold. You can use this to break other circuits like the AC to the inputs of the drivers or the DC to certain strips, etc. etc.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 am
Takeshy wrote:
UPDATE

How many switches do you have? All those thermal switches do is open their circuit when they hit their temperature threshold. You can use this to break other circuits like the AC to the inputs of the drivers or the DC to certain strips, etc. etc.
Thanks for the reply. I got 3, one for each driver circuit. I may add more in the future, this is only a precaution for now. Do I connect it in series with wagos?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Takeshy wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm
LEDG wrote:
Takeshy wrote:
UPDATE

Thanks for the reply. I got 3, one for each driver circuit. I may add more in the future, this is only a precaution for now. Do I connect it in series with wagos?
That would work fine. Do you have a part number for the switches? I'm curious what sort of power they're rated for.

Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pm
Takeshy wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm
LEDG wrote:

That would work fine. Do you have a part number for the switches? I'm curious what sort of power they're rated for.
Sure, you can find all you need here: https://www.digikey.com/products/en?key ... 005ACFA06E
Takeshy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

UPDATE

Only "2 x Mean Well HLG-320H-48A" missing. Frame is already built, just need a few fixes and its good to go. Connected my first driver last night and it is awesome! Only one driver and it almost made me blind :D

I'm still doing some tests, I will send more pictures with the wiring later. I still don't know which Vo should I set my driver. I made another thread about this topic in this forum.