Suggestions for strips without heatsinking..

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
oozing
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I came across a couple of successful builds with the EB gen2 with no heatsinks.
One of them measured temps and it did not go above 50C or so.
Both were VEG lights. So is the light I'm planning.
I don't have much confidence for flowering under the EBs at that current. Will need a lot of them. Too much heat when no heatsinks.
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

sorry for jumping into the conversation, but i couldn't find out what kind of material the PCB of samsung F-series F562B strips (or led strips in general) are made of (because it is not really listed in their datasheets).
if it's aluminum and i drive the strips softly (700mA instead of 1120mA), can i get away with no heat sink?
i have some u profiles laying around, but they are too narrow (16mm inside), but i could turn them around and mount the strips on the outside.
Doctor Ledpot
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Have no hands-on experience, but as to aluminum, seems that I read somewhere of using aluminum cookie/baking sheets as a substrate. I do know that restaurant supply outlets carry some nice heavy duty types in various sizes. Maybe better than nothing at least. Just a thought.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am
sorry for jumping into the conversation, but i couldn't find out what kind of material the PCB of samsung F-series F562B strips (or led strips in general) are made of (because it is not really listed in their datasheets).
if it's aluminum and i drive the strips softly (700mA instead of 1120mA), can i get away with no heat sink?
i have some u profiles laying around, but they are too narrow (16mm inside), but i could turn them around and mount the strips on the outside.
The Samsung engine calculator lists the 562B PCB material as CEM (composite epoxy material).
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:17 am
The Samsung engine calculator lists the 562B PCB material as CEM (composite epoxy material).
i am disappointed. i want an aluminum pcb. because with epoxy even when u put the strips on a heatsink the pcb acts like a barrier for heat disappation.

any aluminum-pcb product recommendations?
.. alibaba boards with fake LEDs? 😁😂