Samsung LT-F564B

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
hcf2012
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks so much unkle_pscho for all the info. I have forked out for 10 of them. I need to find a suitable driver (any ideas for a single PCB?) and then I have options to scale up or sell on led kits.
I wonder if this PCB would function effectively with air-cooled heat transfer? I'm thinking a USB desktop fan, directed to blow across the unilluminated side of the board? Or may be 2 or 3 blowing laterally? I am in love with this PCB but unclear whether it needs help with heat dissipation...
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

hcf2012 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm
Thanks so much unkle_pscho for all the info. I have forked out for 10 of them. I need to find a suitable driver (any ideas for a single PCB?) and then I have options to scale up or sell on led kits.
I wonder if this PCB would function effectively with air-cooled heat transfer? I'm thinking a USB desktop fan, directed to blow across the unilluminated side of the board? Or may be 2 or 3 blowing laterally? I am in love with this PCB but unclear whether it needs help with heat dissipation...
Air cooling is amazingly effective. I think the LED community kinda gave up on it because early chinese fixtures had so much problems with fans failing. I looked at some fans on digikey between 4-10cm in diameter. They cost around 3-5e a piece, and there are mini-drivers that allow you to leach of the power to the leds and convert it to the fan. Probably for less then 5$.

If your thinking about making fixtures to sell, drop me a PM, I can give you a bunch of driver/strip combos that result in really cheap and efficient fixtures in the 40-80w range.

And normally you would need some type of heatsinking, though the airmovement/ drive current etc. all play into that. I think the best solutions really depend on where you are and whats available. For example if heatsinks are expensive some people go for bridgelux EB series, and run it at 700mA, and get a really cheap but kick ass system.

For the Seoul strips, they have models that vary a lot in intensity. If I wanted minimal heatsinking I would look at a model that has less diodes per board, but gives a decent discount for volume purchases. If I had a good solution for cooling I would look at the industrial series for more output. I've been collecting scrap aluminium for a year, and have a bunch of construction guys who always keep an eye open at the end of projects, so despite high aluminium prices I'm spoiled for choice.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I would recommend the Vesta series from bridgelux if you are experimenting with microgreens and some fruits.
You really want spectrum tuning as each plant will respond better under different spectrums.
The vesta series is very affordable and has great performance.
If you were happy to spend the time and a bit more money then you could run 2 different colors of strips to do this also.
CRI90 5000k and CRI90 3000k would be my choice for spectrum tuning. The CRI is important and should not be overlooked for 2 channel control.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I agree on the Vestas, they have overperformed their specs ime. One correction, the warm white channel is 2700k 90cri. And flowers like a beast

As for thouse other seoul strips: not sure how hard you plan on driving them but if theyre just 5w per foot as UP said i doubt you need anything.
Ebs are quite flimsy and need no heatsink around 7w a foot.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The lowest power ones likely don't need much heatsink but even with discounts they end up pretty expensive per diode.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"