4x4 Tent Samsung F-series advice

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
jailer108
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Got it!

Thank you TEKNIK for always helping out!
jailer108
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks to all the insight from this site/forums, my grow has been going pretty well.

That being said, there are two things I've noticed:

1) When I have the lights close to the plants at around 1 ft, internode spacing ends up being extremely tight. On some strains, I'm literally getting 3 nodes per 1.5cm. Has anyone else experienced this? This would be good in some situations, but I'd like to utilize the space I have more effectively. Also, this makes the plants extremely bushy (even typically tall ones), further restricting penetration. Currently using all 3000k.

2) While reviewing the 'Parallel Strip Building Tool' (https://ledgardener.com/parallel-strip-build-tool/), I input my current setup :
- LT-FB22B (4 Foot/1120mm) x 10
- HLG-480H-48A
I then set my strips to be driven at 100% and it computes 878 watts/18amps, and states 'MULTIPLE DRIVERS REQUIRED'!
Have I missed something? The build guide on this site for 4x4ft tent instructs that I 'turn both pots on driver fully clockwise (wide open)' when using 8 strips, but as per the Parallel Strip Building Tool, I will have to drive my strips at only 50% to meet the max specs of my current driver.
Side note, the multimeter reads 48.8v with both pots fully opened and is consistent with the Strip Building Tool.

Can anyone shed some light (pun intended :lol: ) on this? Living where I am, it costs a significant amount more to bring the parts in, so I don't want to damage/significantly shorten the lifespan of what I have.
Apologies if this has already been covered in another post.

*edited for clarity
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If you have an A driver you can only adjust the current. If you have it maxed out it will slightly go over 10 amps. You can not adjust the voltage on an A driver. If it is drawing 48.8V then it's already over it's claimed maximum.
With 10 strips that's about 1 amp per strip which is about right. It would get really hot if you doubled up the drivers to push 2 amps per strip.

It's always better to under drive your strips rather than push them to maximum
Find me on Instagram led_teknik