Where is the light.... bridgelux EB gen3

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey Teknik,

Thats right. All - at one site of the strips en the + at the other site.

I have a multimeter.

(I didnt have enough standard colours. The main wires are 1,5mm2, The wires to the strips are 0,75mm2. I am going to built another 3 frames. This is the testversion)

@yy cannabis:
This was my last test situation.
It doesnt make a difference how I make the connection. Each single
lead gives the same output as when I put them together. Thats the strainge thing of it all. My theory was that either one of the leads will give 50% but that isn't true. The question hereby is why this driver has 2 output leads and how does it works.

I bought the drivers at Mouser. They answered me that they never
had seen a driver with 2 output leads (?!?).

Now I have send an email to Meanwell Europe. Still waiting for an answer...
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I have seen drivers with 2 output leads, just not that model. Meanwell change things all the time so it's just how they made it.

I would disconnect the driver completely and take the plug out of the Io.
Back the screw all the way off and then turn it up a quarter of a turn.
Take the Vo plug put and turn it all the way clockwise.
Connect the driver to one strip directly through one of the output leads then power it on. If it turns on immediately turn it off. You will be doing this to check if the driver is faulty.
If nothing lights up then check the voltage to the strip, it maybe a faulty driver if you can see any issues with the wiring.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey Teknik,

Nothing lights up.
It gives me 45.2 volts. Just to be shore: i put the multimeter in line between the + lead and the + from the strip. Is this the right way to measure the voltage?

Measuring directly at the lead gives me 12.28A and 45.2V when Io and Vo at max. In my opinion the driver isnt faulty.

Is it possible to switch the + and - from the driver to the strips or will I damage the strips by doing this.

(Maybe someone made a mistake while producing the driver....)

How can I test my strips on failures?

By the way, Thanks for your time to help me out.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Strips are very robust and don't fail easily. Have you backed off the Io?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Are your strips 4ft or 2ft? Try powering one strip up by connecting it directly to the driver, no Wagos in between. Plug them in on one end of the strip, you should only do this once you have backed the current off on the driver and if it does light up immediately turn it off
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have backed up the Io and turned it almost a quarter clockwise (+/_4A).

The strips are 4 ft. I will try it again this evening. And also with another driver.

I'll let you know.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If the output is 4 amps turn it down a bit more, if you can measure it then turn it down to 700mA
Capt. Saicin
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hmm, one out of my six purchased Gen3 does not work at all. Never did, nothing lights it up. If i wire the one into the other 5 they all stop working. Without they're fine.

So, i'd recommend checking every strip on it's own.
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have tested a single strip. Because the wire of the driver was too thick it was necessary to use wagos . The Vo and Io were at the lowest point of 32.5V and 4.8A

Guess what? Leds lighted up but just a quick blink. Not bright and ended with a very low shining of the strip.

I think this is a good sign.

What will be the next step?

Btw Meanwell Europe has answered my question about the 2 output leads:

"Both cables on the output are V+ and V-. Internally these V+’s and the V-‘s are connected."

"The reason for 2 cables is to keep to avoid we need to go to a thicker cable thickness to handle the current."
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey Captain

Is it in series or in parallel.
When in parallel the 5 strips should light up.