I'm confused, eb gen2 series wiring

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The A drivers have a voltage adjustment so yes you could go over the limit on a and AB drivers.

Connectors often have a maximum voltage rating and the strips may have been tested for maximum voltage also.
Electricity can arc one jump if voltage gets too high.

Most of the world uses leds that comply with saftey regulations and part of that is to have the secondary side under 60V
USA doesn't have these regulations that I know of but most of the world uses them.

The regulation is called SELV
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

But that only makes me wonder why Samsung doesn't limit their parts at 60V.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

There are ways of making things safer for higher voltage or increasing ratings.

One thing to remember is just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Voltage does leak from strips and boards.
I haven't tried it on a FR4 board but with an aluminium pcb you always get voltage leaking from it, it's only a few volts but that would increase with higher voltage
eladmitz
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks guys,
So I've order hlg-120h-24a, arrow don't have the 20v in stock,
The volt adj on this driver is 22-27v, the volt region is 12-24v, this driver is a 5A and the amp adj is 2.5-5A.
On a 10 strips, will I be able to run it on 350ma if want to, even tho this is a 24v? or it will always run on the max amp (500ma)?
Just to make sure, can I put the volt to the minimum and just play with the amp?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The voltage will adjust automatically to your strips and the output will be 5amps unless you adjust it with the screw under the plugs