First timer Samsung H Series LED light strip build help

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
the Falcon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Dust4dust wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:48 am
the Falcon wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:25 pm
Here's how I made mine : I used a higher volt driver so I could add the red diodes.
To cut a long story short ,was about to buy Samsung strips (SL-B8V3N80LAWW)wiring in series then adding red later on diff driver (rapiled solderless),after reading this your build is perfect for what I want ,much cheaper

My question is what voltage driver hlg320 did u use, that is 10 rapidled solderless Cree xpg3 wired in parallel on the same driver?
What I would do is figure out what I want to add color wise - if just red I would do 1-730 and 2-660 on a base of 3K - just as my opinion to get the Emerson effect - I think the blue around 440-445nm can help facilitate that and two experienced LED builders thought adding a 425nm diode could be good too - That is my basic plan as an experiment. BUT - I just adapted to a driver I had - To really be correct you need to add all the FV of the single stars to the 38.3 base of the gen 3 strips and then find the best driver for that . For instance the G3 red is 2.65v - so add that to the 38.3 and we get 40.95. So if we added one of those to each circuit then the light would need a driver to power that voltage. Make sense ? I will take an educated guess that the 48v one might work better than the 54v one used as it can go to 52v if need be. I'll never add enough stars to use up all the voltage potential I have. You just need to sit down and do the math. :)