spectrum of bridgelux & samsung strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LivingLight wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:05 pm
Every single person i gave this simulator deleted the multicolour background on the graph :cry: is it so ugly? :D
lol i don't have libreoffice installed. excel has deleted it i guess. :lol:
and concerning the VESTA series: they have 2 color temperatures on one strip, making it perhaps more difficult to make an unified spectrum curve for calculations? anyway i am sure you could accomplish including vesta in your calculator and letting us know if they are worth consideration. ..maybe it has the same LEDs as EB gen2?
LivingLight
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:11 am
LivingLight wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:33 pm
If u want any information just ask
should we increase red & decrease far-red and increase blue at the same time to get shorter/compact plants?
maybe we could supplement the lm561C strips with blurple lights? they often have 460nm/660-680nm peaks.
and finally supplement some UVA up to 430nm to get more medicinal flavonoids (or THC)? :) the UV LED aren't very efficient tho. what's best?
Sorry i didn't see your question.
On the paper if you want very compact plants you got to do this (increase red and blue and decrease far red and green)
But this also can dramaticaly decrease photosynthetic efficiency. It's a very good way to keep a plant at a vegetative stage but it is not a production-viable option for indoor growing. Of course it depends on the quantity of the blurple you are adding, but the most productive plants (relatively to the power of your lamp) are not really compact, it is morphologicaly relevant.
I can't say about UV, that's the dark side of the spectrum for me :roll: i havn't really investigated the topic.