Driver matching for H inFlux strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Zillard
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

hey guys

just need some confirmation before i pull the trigger, so please advise if my selection is ok, good or just plain silly :D

I am looking at the Meanwell HLG-185-C1050A driver, with its 95-190V output, and max 1.05A. This driver could run 4 of the 44.6 V H-Influx strips, although i will be only running 3 in the start and expand if needed later on. The A series driver has the io adjust dial so i will then dial the strips down to 1A which is their test current, and around 134Watts.

As before, i will use 2 of these with 3 strips each, to supplement the 200W of LED i already have for flowering stage.

what do you think?

thanks in advance
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

No sense tweaking the driver down 50mA. Just leave it at 100%. Looks good to me.
Zillard
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Cool, thank you.
Zillard
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

To save a bit of money in the beginning, would it be fine if i put 4 strips on the HLG-138 driver? So i will have just 1 driver in the beggining with 4 strips, instead of the original 2 driver, 3 strips each setup.

4 strips at max A for the driver (1.05A) is around 189V, which is at the max for the drivers voltage range (190). Still planning on turning the driver down to around 1A current, so V should be closer to 180V.

Just need to see if im going to burn my house down if i go this route, or should i rather go with 3 strips per driver, and just spend the money up front for 2 drivers and have less stress?

thanks guys.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I think your just reaching for validation. I was exactly the same way with my first build.

Every thing you’ve suggested doing is within spec. Your researching and proceeding with caution. You have a very good grasp of your specs. For me, I always like to stay a bit under my drivers specs.

Buy some components, know your specs, connect everything solidly and run a bunch of tests! Pull the trigger! You can always upgrade and order more parts like you said.

I’m only saying all this because it took me a long time to actually buy parts because I was calculating everything a million times in my head and asking questions for validation. Once I got my hands on my first batch of parts I literally spent the entire weekend running tests constantly in different configurations and learned more than I ever thought I would hands on.
Zillard
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

ok cool. just need confirmation that i am indeed calculating things correctly.

thakns
420TomBombadil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Wiesgart wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:56 pm
Hi everyone,
i'm planning to build the following setup:

Six Samsung H inFlux_L06 strips (wired in series) and a Meanwell HLG-185H-C1400 driver.
The constant current region of the driver is specificated from 71V to 143V.
The operating voltage of one strip is supposed to be 22.4V at 55°C and 1430mA. --> 6*22.4V=134.4V

As the operating voltage of the strips will be higher when turned on / running them at lower temperatures, i'm skeptical if it will stay in the constant current region of the driver.

Can anyone tell me if it's gonna work that way or do i need to change the driver / wiring?

Thanks for your help ;)

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/sl-b8 ... lectronics

I think is the same strips as yours but I want the 281mm size.

I have a 2x2 tent and I want to know how is working yours! Any advice will be so good for me!

Thanks in advance!
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Hello! I know this is a old post but I’m planinrg build the same setup with same driver but with 6x of this strips:

I have a 2x2 tent and I want to know how is working yours! Any advice will be so good for me!

Thanks in advance!
Not the greatest combo as pumping 1.4A into the S04 strip would be running them at 88% max, a bit on the higher side.
Also, this setup would be 48W per square foot, significantly higher than recommended, unless you're running CO2?

Consider using an HLG-150H-24 instead, 1.05A per strip and a perfectly reasonable 35Wpsf
420TomBombadil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Shimbob wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:23 pm
Hello! I know this is a old post but I’m planinrg build the same setup with same driver but with 6x of this strips:

Thanks in advance!
Not the greatest combo as pumping 1.4A into the S04 strip would be running them at 88% max, a bit on the higher side.
Also, this setup would be 48W per square foot, significantly higher than recommended, unless you're running CO2?

Consider using an HLG-150H-24 instead, 1.05A per strip and a perfectly reasonable 35Wpsf
Thanks! Yes I know, but ir will work? The thing is I have the driver and don’t have enough money to invest in another, only want to test strips and nothing more.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Technically, yes, they will light up. You can always dim the driver too. Be aware the 185-C1400A has been tested to put out 1.57A, so definitely dim before powering up.