new 1000w led strip project

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

what they sell as constant current is in my understanding constant voltage 24v, but without resistor. else the voltage would add up depending on how long the strip is, right? quality is hard to find in china i suppose
they sent me this image
LM561C-120LEDs-3.jpg
LM561C-120LEDs-3.jpg (154.75 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
EDIT: sorry for spamming your topic
Attachments
flex strips.PNG
flex strips.PNG (364.95 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Last edited by tazztone on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:55 pm
what they sell as constant current is in my understanding constant voltage 24v, but without resistor. else the voltage would add up depending on how long the strip is, right? quality is hard to find in china i suppose
they sent me this image
EDIT: sorry for spamming your topic
youre welcome !!
if i were you ill go on rigid led stip dude! better current homogeneity
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:57 am
go on rigid led stip dude! better current homogeneity
i would, but i like Aluminum PCBs :? so samsung, bridgelux and company don't make aluminum strips as far as i know. but i am hesitant to buy those alibaba aluminum strips. those chinese often produce some shady quality :|

so the resistors in those flexible CV strip tapes are there to evenly distribute the current throughout the LEDs that are in series? ...because each LED has different resistance and therefore consumes different amounts of current?
Attachments
12x1000.png
12x1000.png (396.98 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:32 am
i would, but i like Aluminum PCBs :? so samsung, bridgelux and company don't make aluminum strips as far as i know. but i am hesitant to buy those alibaba aluminum strips. those chinese often produce some shady quality :|

so the resistors in those flexible CV strip tapes are there to evenly distribute the current throughout the LEDs that are in series? ...because each LED has different resistance and therefore consumes different amounts of current?
I got the same quote from Mufue. It's somewhere between a bargain and too-good-to-be-true. That they throw in free-shipping for 50 units and claim to have 90CRI available only makes it better / more dubious. Being relatively new in the trade (3 years) and having little online feedback (try googling them) is pushing me to stay away.
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

well 90 CRI is available, but not in S6 bin.
anyway now Roget from mufue told me their strip (btw: i updated their offering in above post) is both constant current and constant voltage. completely confusing
EDIT: she was talking about their HLG drivers. omg
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:31 pm
well 90 CRI is available, but not in S6 bin.
anyway now Roget from mufue told me their strip (btw: i updated their offering in above post) is both constant current and constant voltage. completely confusing
LM561c at 90CRI has bins S1-3, so promising S6 means you have no idea what it's going to be.

Some of the bigger, more veteran players (Hansion, Bright, Feindaming, etc.) have all reported a shortage of LM561C 90CRI diodes. There's something odd about Mufue, being much younger and much smaller, not to report such a matter.

Having said that, for the price it can be the LM561B+ and still be a good deal. I mean, that's 3600 diodes for 342USD. For that price I'd be happy to to get the extra diodes (which I can run softer) and still be in the same playing field with the 561C/301B. The problem is that once I don't know what I'm getting it can be anything (e.g., re-branded Epistar, etc.)

Edit, adding: without discrediting Mufue (they might simply have it in stock, that's not impossible) getting a "no" from Hansion et al is a feather in their cap. Their replies were all more or less "there's a shortage, we don't have any, try again in a few weeks" -- which makes be believe that when they do have it in stock it will be the real thing. They also said they have the 80CRI diodes available, which makes me believe that those are legit as well: if they were just pushing for a sale they could try and pass off 80CRI as if it were 90CRI.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i just finish some pcb for friend with a chineese factory, like the qb 288 but 4 line of lm561 s6 @3500k 80cri + 4 line of lm561 s3@2700k @ 90cri , i think its a very good mix for veg and bloom!

but GUYZ!! SOLSTRIP are coming like winter! :p

ask from me and ask him to get you the strip of your dream theire are going to be between 37$ and 50$ depende of witch option you take for exemple:
for exemple look what will be my set up
2 x channel nichia @ 5000k 97cri + xqe 660 <------ i took 9 strips like that
USD49.95 ea

1 x channel nichia @ 2000k, 1 x channel nichia @ 3000k + i took xd16 3500k 80cri <----- 18 strips like that
USD35.96 ea

cheers, pm me for question or request, ill do for u to mark from cutter!
cold$moke
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:51 pm
ok guyz
the german website sell old nichia :/ so i give up on them
a little update to show you what i found, i was looking for a good suplier to make my cover/heatsink + tempered glass plate to make my strip waterproof:

im gonna make like 24" ( 56cm) and 1" large (2,5cm)
im still waiting for cutter to see if they can make my strip with nichia + 660 nm like theyre new amaziiing flower pcb :
https://www.facebook.com/cutterelectron ... 146186725/
Where did you find those heatsinks from?
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

its chineese compagny, found in alibaba, theire comercials are really good, theire are reallly patient .Im developping with them (since one month!) heatsinks ip65 600mm long able to dissipate 65w of heatled from the solstrip led of my dream , they will be finished in about 10/15days ;)
ask them with the picture and tell them you came from me, they are doing reallly good price!
cheers!
Mr. Tora
Marketing supervisor
E-mail: [email protected]
www.ivineng.com
www.ledlighthousing.com
ps: sorry for my bad english!
cold$moke
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Do they make it wide enough for samsung f strips with the double diodes?