600 watt no heatsink F-series strip build finished

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hey,

I just finished my last build:

25 F-series strip (one row) with a meanwell HLG-600h-48B.
The PPFD is obviously very uniform. I get 1200 @ 20cm everywhere in the 4x4 grow space. The light is running cold (40-45c without heatsink)

IMG_0884.JPG
camphoto_1483920592.JPG
IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG
Can't wait to grow under that beast! The light penetration is just insane!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Holy shit, man. That thing is crazy!

Do you find the 4 footers are floppy with no sink? I’ve only messed with the 1’ and 2’ versions.

Nice job on the wiring as well. You managed to keep it clean with so many strips.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I second LG with being impressed with the wiring. Very nice job. How are the strips attached to those two long strips? How do you plan on hanging this fixture?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Absolutely beautiful.

Are you planning on running co2 with that?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:30 am
Holy shit, man. That thing is crazy!

Do you find the 4 footers are floppy with no sink? I’ve only messed with the 1’ and 2’ versions.

Nice job on the wiring as well. You managed to keep it clean with so many strips.
I don't find them floppy at all! On the picture with the light on, you can see some of them being a bit floppy, but this is the copper wire who isn't placed correctly (The wire I use isn't flexible at all, I even use it to train my plant ahah)
majorana wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:31 am
I second LG with being impressed with the wiring. Very nice job. How are the strips attached to those two long strips? How do you plan on hanging this fixture?
The whole light is assembled only with this tape. This thing is insane!
unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am
Absolutely beautiful.

Are you planning on running co2 with that?
Not yet, but in the future for sure! This prototype is going to replace an HPS in a big HPS cannabis farm. I can't wait to see the results!

Thank you for your support! The wiring was a nightmare! But this solution is quite clean and allow me to use the 2 output of my 600W driver
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

macthezazou wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:12 pm
The whole light is assembled only with this tape. This thing is insane!
I remember you linking that tape before. Being able to hold the weight of a 4' strip with sticking only two points of 12/20mm -- that's some mighty strong tape. I'll definitely order myself a roll, I see myself reordering my 60-strip fixture before I go back to flower (whenever that'll be). Heck, I'm sure such good tape will find plenty of uses :lol:
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

To imagine that I was messing around with some gasket adhesive, that just wouldn't stick my strips. Should have just waited and ordered some tape like this.

So this is going to compete with HPS's. Nice. I guess we will be getting results in a few months :)
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

The professional who tried this lamp had mixed results... We still don't have the dry results, but looks like we gonna get 1gr / watts. but maybe we're wrong and the buds are very dense.

I wonder if the PPFD was too high or/and if the plants were root bounded... He was using 1.5 gallons pot for a one meter plant.
My guess is that high PPFD light probably requires bigger pot. Another pro is actually testing one of our prototype with the one bud technique. We will have the results in a few months.

Will share the results of this run later in the month.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Fluence recommends 20w per foot without co2, and 40w/f with co2.

Genetics influence it too, I just had a situation with my 730w plasma where a g13/haze clone I know from before was flowering very badly, except in a corner that was hit by less light, where it was building solid heads.. Some other plants are enjoying the same space.

Think about the light quadrupling every time you half the distance (with the 1000w HID)... Try running it with 480w... Maybe?
demoneye
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Amazed you can run this with no heatsinks...

I'm speccing a build that has 22 x LT-F562B (2' Samsung SI-B8U261560WW) strips.

You can just imagine the heat sink cost using 3/4" x 1.1/2" x 1/8" U channel - if minimal HS is required I'll just go for 3/4" x 1/8" flat strips instead and saving 80% of my HS costs!