Are Samsung F series 2ft 72 diode strips ok without heatsink?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
TPTB73
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi everyone. I'm so thankful to have run into this site. It's been so incredibly useful.

I was planning on buying a bunch of the Samsung strips, specifically the ones with only 72 diodes that are 2ft long. My reasoning is that they have about the same spread of diodes that the qb120 and the qb132 have, and those don't require heat sinks. The same size strip that has 144 diodes obviously requires a heatsink because those diodes are spread in the same intensity as the qb288.

Coukd nybody tell me if they would require heatsinks? I mean at full power of course. I would certainly appreciate any help. Thanks for reading!
FarmerLinus
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

If you run them at full power you would need heatsinks because more power means more energy into each diode and the energy translates into heat. High heat will make the diodes start degrading. But if you run the diodes at lower current, you will have higher photon output and less need for heat sinks and other cooling. If you’re running them around 50-70% is recommend using aluminum c channel at the very least with some thermal paste to help increase surface area for cooling.

Farmer Linus