Lm561c 2ft strips design *help*

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys . Im new around here and been looking around the builds and there amazing .
That being said , im motivated enough to start my second led build my first one being with vero 29 cobs .
I am having a hard time figuring out the math behind the strips .
The combination of wiring and so on .
Series wiring with constant current drivers is cake work... :shock: :lol:
Im open too all ideas . Im glad i found this forum .
And ill be sure to share my designs builds and grows .
Much love too all the farmers and builders out there !!
robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

My first fixture i built.
Kinda ugly . Not the best design but will be improving the design in the near future
Been running for 2 months and i love it .
Attachments
20170905_130839.jpg
20170905_130839.jpg (3.26 MiB) Viewed 1732 times
robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

The design

The grow area is L shaped . Consisting of 3 tables (3×3)
Should i split the fixtures into 3 pieces and run quick disconnects to connect them all together ..
Or running one large rectangle fixture with a second small square one with a quick disconnect ?

Drivers: so many different possibilites . The math is whats getting me . I dont have that understanding yet of combination of wiring .

Heatsinks: depending on how the design goes i might go the heatsinkusa route but im open to that too.

Any input knowledge is greatly appreciated .
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hey dude!

Welcome to the forum. Nice COB light you have there, the frame looks great. :mrgreen:

The math for the strips can be a little tricky at first but you'll get it in no time. So is your grow area 3 tables formed in an "L" shape? Like two oriented in one direction and the last one oriented perpendicular? What is the 3x3 dimension for that you mentioned?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Its very tricky.. i got lost so many times lol.
So yes essentially one large rectangle 6x3 and a small square 3x3 . The tables are hydrofarm low pro tables.
. Ill post a diagram of some what how i planned to start the design.
Attachments
20170905_155845.jpg
20170905_155845.jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 1723 times
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

robrohh wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:25 pm
Hey guys . Im new around here and been looking around the builds and there amazing .
That being said , im motivated enough to start my second led build my first one being with vero 29 cobs .
I hope this helps...

The strip itself is actually wired in series and parallel, 6 parallel strings, with 8 diodes in a string.

For the two foot H series strips, the max current is 1,200mA, or 200ma per diode, and max voltage is about 24.2 volts, or 3 volts per diode. Higher current = higher volts, but not by much. If you were to give each strip 480mA, the voltage would be 22.5v. For each strip you add in series, you add the voltage. so 10 of these suckers at 480ma, you driver would need to be able to handle 225 volts (22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5=225). I think a place to be is between 1/2 power and 3/4 power. If you were to buy a constant current driver around 900ma, you could dim down from there.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (53.27 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Ted wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 am
robrohh wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:25 pm
I hope this helps...

The strip itself is actually wired in series and parallel, 6 parallel strings, with 8 diodes in a string.

For the two foot H series strips, the max current is 1,200mA, or 200ma per diode, and max voltage is about 24.2 volts, or 3 volts per diode. Higher current = higher volts, but not by much. If you were to give each strip 480mA, the voltage would be 22.5v. For each strip you add in series, you add the voltage. so 10 of these suckers at 480ma, you driver would need to be able to handle 225 volts (22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5+22.5=225). I think a place to be is between 1/2 power and 3/4 power. If you were to buy a constant current driver around 900ma, you could dim down from there.
An excellent summary and with a diagram to boot! Top notch.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Also, I think you're going to need about 40, two foot strips to light this area. A rough estimate would be 30 watts per square foot, or 810 watts. If you run each strip at 900ma, and about 23.5 volts, (21.15 watts per strip), then 38 strips will get you there.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Further to Ted's diagram and comment above, if you decide to run at ~900mA, you can start playing with this number to get different voltages and current levels. For example, you could connect 2 strings of the strips in parallel on a 1750mA driver. The parallel runs would split the current so each strip would be getting 875mA of current - then you just need to figure out how many strips you can run in series in each string.

For example, an HLG-320H-C1750 has a max voltage of 183V. This means that you could run 183/23.5V per strip = 7 strips in series per string. And there you have it: there's 14 strips powered at 875mA

robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Much love too yall. Ima study whats posted and write it down to further under stand it . i understood most of it which is better then i started .

Ill do some math and designs and keep yall updated