Strip build

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
MarcovanBasten
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi,,

I have 6 LT-F284B 3500K strips for a 2x2 setup.
I would like to have 180 watt power.

What kind of driver do i need? And in series or parallel?
Tickles the ɯılʞɯɐu
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

My instinct is telling me this one..

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/7703948

Confirm with someone else before purchasing though as im only just brushing up on these things myself.

I run the BXEB 2' 2x2 set up as described in the plans on the front page.

Great results for only 150w against my 400w Blurple, so much so, that ive taken the plunge in ordering the 3x3 BXEB set up, will be setting the rig up at 2x4 though so can get 2 of them in the tent..

Its for a 4x4. I saw the 4x4 plans and fancied running more strips softer with the option to run harder if desired.
Plan is after next harvest, to get another 3x3 built to 4x2 and then have the two 2x4 rigs run side by side as though a 4x4 fixture.
demoneye
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

MarcovanBasten
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I've used the parallel tool and it advised me the 185-24B driver.
But the strange thing is according to the tool on 75% this driver has 6.75A current, but when i look in the datasheet of meanwell it has 7.8A current. The strips would then run on 1.3A each. So i guess the tool isn't complety right, of it's me? ;)

Another option is to run it in series with the 185-C1400B driver, then i would run it on 144 volts and 1.4A.
What do the most guys here, in series or parallel? And is this safe with this voltage?
Obviously this is the simplest wiring solution. What's the best way to go?

thanks..