Atreum strips preview

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 am
From my understanding of the 301H is they have one very important feature and that is anti sulphur coating
ok ok! would love to see that anti sulphur effect... the spectrum of theire horticulture strip are not extraordinary....
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aloha & we should see them on the market soon.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 am
From my understanding of the 301H is they have one very important feature and that is anti sulphur coating
ok ok! would love to see that anti sulphur effect... the spectrum of theire horticulture strip are not extraordinary....
Yes it seems that moisture and ag environments can damage led strips through sulfur. Samsung claims to have found a solution for that. I guess they cant really quantify this benefit, because they have sold quite a lot of diodes to agriculture with claims of 50k h lifespans, before this sulfur issue was known.

Marine! perhaps I was too fast to downplay the value of waterproofing :D Seems that would prevent sulfur issues from moisture
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

It adds to the cost by quite a lot when waterproofing, I have had the discussion a few times with DIY guys. The conclusion was if you are going to upgrade your Leds every 2 years then it's not a big deal, if you are in a commercial environments then waterproofing is definitely required. I am yet to see anyone that has done testing to see how much deterioration occurs exactly although I did check a 12 month old used exposed board not long ago and it had more than a 15% loss from when it was new. This may have also occurred from a lack of a proper heatsink.
Considering waterproofing usually comes with an 8% or so loss of optical output from new it makes it worth it to enclose and protect the leds.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aloha & with the clear covers I think we can move the LEDs a little closer to the crop to offset the 10% loss of intensity? What we need is a bit of testing.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Providing coverage isn't effected by dropping the light a little closer then yes. Efficiency matters to a point, overall design makes more of a difference. My main focus now days is spectrum over efficiency as efficiency can easily become pointless if the overall design is better.
Dr. Green
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So I just got myself 4 of these strips and a meanwell HLG-240H-54A driver it should arrive tomorrow. I'm going to use these in my Secret Jardin DR90 and build a frame around my 315w CMH lamp.

This is my first LED light and I am just wondering about the dails on the driver.

Can I just turn both to max and let it be or do I need to get a friend(electrician) with a multimeter to set it up properly? I probably won't dim it much just set it up and leave it.

I know I should wire them in parallel.

Thank you in advance
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Dr. Green wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:22 pm
So I just got myself 4 of these strips and a meanwell HLG-240H-54A driver it should arrive tomorrow. I'm going to use these in my Secret Jardin DR90 and build a frame around my 315w CMH lamp.

This is my first LED light and I am just wondering about the dails on the driver.

Can I just turn both to max and let it be or do I need to get a friend(electrician) with a multimeter to set it up properly? I probably won't dim it much just set it up and leave it.

I know I should wire them in parallel.

Thank you in advance
I am not familiar with the forward voltages and currents used with these strips, you shouldn't need an electrician to wire them up just a bit of guidance. To be honest most DIY guys know more about LEDs than most of the electricians I meet.
Dr. Green
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Would this help?
Screenshot_20190520-010351_Chrome.jpg
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Dr. Green wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:08 pm
Would this help?

Screenshot_20190520-010351_Chrome.jpg
That's better, make sure you have a heat sink and connect them all in parallel. Should be about 60W to each strip, no need for you to touch any of the adjustments