Colour LED Strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Aurust
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'm planning a build to use on an aquarium and grow aquatic plants using the Bridgelux EB gen 2 strips. I was wondering if there are RGB or specific colour strips that would be able to run off a the same power supply? I'm looking for something that would have reds and blues specifically.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Depends how you run the EB strips. If you go constant current at say 1050mA, you just need to find RGB strips that can run off that same 1050mA current and make sure your driver has enough voltage to handle whatever they add to the circuit.

If you go constant voltage, your RGB strips just need to run off the same voltage and your driver needs to be able to produce enough current to run them alongside the EBs.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

its alot easier to run'em on a constand current driver, as the voltage to current relationship for LEDs is so narrow. Literally 1v will make a huge difference. Steves LEDs sells leds on a star pcb that falls within the current range of the strips... http://www.stevesleds.com/Luxeon-SunPlu ... p_353.html . Its hard to back into the right current level for two disparate led strips, I know it would be nice, but it might be easier to just add another driver.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Ted wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 am
its alot easier to run'em on a constand current driver, as the voltage to current relationship for LEDs is so narrow. Literally 1v will make a huge difference. Steves LEDs sells leds on a star pcb that falls within the current range of the strips... http://www.stevesleds.com/Luxeon-SunPlu ... p_353.html . Its hard to back into the right current level for two disparate led strips, I know it would be nice, but it might be easier to just add another driver.
Agreed. C.C. is way easier to mix and match.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aurust wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 pm
I'm planning a build to use on an aquarium and grow aquatic plants using the Bridgelux EB gen 2 strips. I was wondering if there are RGB or specific colour strips that would be able to run off a the same power supply? I'm looking for something that would have reds and blues specifically.
If youre worried about controlling multiple drivers, I just hooked up an outlet on the ac side of the driver, that way I can control two drivers at the same time.