Opulent Strips.

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Anyone use Opulent products?
Little less efficient but definitely a viable option for budget builds
10 strips for $36.
I just like seeing other players in the strip game giving us more DIY options.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... 72-1143-ND
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

wow its even cheaper then the EB's!
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

They sure are!
They have economy and performance lines as well.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

So I'm looking at the data sheet, and seemsf this strip matches the economy line? the performance line would be 179lm/w at 3500k
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Yea I linked the economy line because they were the only 1fts. Performance line is right up there with Bridgelux and Sammy strips.
Performance and economy strips are on the same data sheet.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

They seem to accept a lot of heat. max temp 105c.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Hydrofood wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:20 pm
Yea I linked the economy line because they were the only 1fts. Performance line is right up there with Bridgelux and Sammy strips.
Performance and economy strips are on the same data sheet.
So it turns out digikey has no eb gen 2's below 5000k. Was juggling between a build with opulent or h-influx, and starting to think I'll give the opulents a go, just because I cannot find any information on them. I was thinking 22 performance strips on a hlg 480-36... I can't find the information on how voltage increases with current in their manual, so I'm not sure what voltage they would be at when driven at 600mA
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

With max temp like that, maybe one could run without heatsinks?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If you read through the documentation they mention a few different max temperatures. 105c is there, but I think somewhere else in there they say 80c, I think it was TC temperature. Still 30c higher then f-series.

The max temperature tells you about lifespan, these would probably last much longer then say samsung chips if run at the same temperature.

For actually running a fixture at really high temperatures it leads to voltage drop and decline in lumens... most documentations will have a chart on the temperatures relation to flux and voltage.

If you run without heatsinks and manage to keep temperatures down you have an ultra efficient system... all the strips needed does cost a bit but leads to a system with better specs then anything commercial. These might allow you to skimp on some expenses, but if the system is hot the only benefit would be saving on sinks.

Bridgelux eb gen 2 can be ran at nominal current without sinks. These opulents should be tested at various currents to see how hot they run.
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Bump - anyone around here try these out yet?