Build log of Vesta's

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

The lowest setting on meter that will read circuit is 500V with a resolution of 1V. At a resolution of 0.25V on four strips its a good ways off from knowing what is actually going on. Any recommendations?
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

The lowest DC volt range on your meter is 500V?
Resolution doesn’t imply accuracy at that level. Do you know the accuracy?

+/- % of reading (+digits) is how you’ll calculate accuracy at a givin resolution.

The equation might look a little different for your meter.

Can you explain your wiring and how you got to dividing your resolution by 4 strips for .25
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

2px4s, roughly 95V, the lowest multimeter setting I can use is 500V, the next one down is 20V.

Accuracy is +/-0.8% +2 digits.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hmmm and the resolution of 500v range is 1v?
Display reads XXX with no decimal points?
Accuracy range of a 95v reading is 94ish to 98+ish

Have you had a chance to measure current?

Your temp measurements aren’t elevated so that’s good.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

On the 500V setting there is no decimal points. Its about 10-12 years old and is a 3.5 digit. Mfg Equus #4320

I tried taking a stab at the accuracy/digit on 95V, taking my head a while to wrap around the digit thing, would it be 95 +/- 3V??

I tried reading current, this is where I zapped the inline fuse. I put the multimeter in series on one parallel leg - thinking this is where I went wrong, if it was just one leg only it probably would work but since its sharing current on two legs I'd have to lower the driver current to act on one leg at a time. Is that correct? I am pretty hesitant to try something beyond voltage again until I understand what's going on.

I looked up a different used multimeter online that is for sale in my area, its a DT-834B for $10 with spec's below:
http://www.papou.byethost9.com/DT830/?i=1

This other multimeter spec is +/-0.5% +/-5 dig with a resolution of 0.1mV
If I had a 95V measurement then +/-0.5%x95 = +/-0.476V, round to +/-0.5V, take into account the 5 digit: +/-(0.5+0.5) = +/- 1V. Is this right?

What do you think? Still not that accurate but way better than my current mulitmeter. Current measurement seems like the best way but how?.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I attached feet to my fixture, used corner brackets, bolts and acorn nuts to sit on floor. I was tired of working on the fixture or even hanging it without being able to set it flat on the floor.

Feet:
Feet on fixture - 1.jpg
Feet on fixture - 2.jpg
Driver and feet mount.jpg
Driver
Driver Mounted.jpg
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Nice!

I was also thinking about adding some. In some earlier builds I welded the wires to the strips and weldpoints gave up when I put it on the ground. definate area needing improvement
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

On the first cannabis run, this light produced 0.92 grams of dried bud per watt, this # will drop as I have some stems that were weighed as well so maybe more like 0.7 to 0.8 grams/watt.