Help with Eb gen2 wiring.

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
420TomBombadil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello friends. Got today 6 eb gen2 strips 1 foot and a 75w thomas driver, will mount on a heatsink i have and really I need help. Nerver wired strips and dont know how to do in parallel (read that I have to do in parallel).

Atatch images maybe someone can help me to wire with them:

Also want to know whats the right potentiometer, read in some post about for the 75w Thomas I need a 10K pot, does I need a resistor too?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad english!
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Hi! nice driver :lol:

The output in the driver has a + and a -. You need to share the plus from the driver with the plus in all the strips, and the minus with the minus on the strips. The most common way to do this is using wago connectors.

I'll try to find the potentiometer data for you, an old user checked it, and I got some, but can't remember the specs. I have them written up somewhere, and they might be in some 1y old threads on Vestas and TRP drivers...
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:21 pm
Hi! nice driver :lol:

The output in the driver has a + and a -. You need to share the plus from the driver with the plus in all the strips, and the minus with the minus on the strips. The most common way to do this is using wago connectors.

I'll try to find the potentiometer data for you, an old user checked it, and I got some, but can't remember the specs. I have them written up somewhere, and they might be in some 1y old threads on Vestas and TRP drivers...
They list 20k pot for dimming :)
https://hubbellcdn.com/specsheet/PLED-75W.pdf

EDIT:
Its actually this chart:
https://hubbellcdn.com/specsheet/LED-75W.pdf

it says typical dimming circuit is using IP710 wall dimmer.
:ugeek:
420TomBombadil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank u everyone! Tested the strips and driver and everything fine! Tomorrow will install!

I found this post about potentiometer:
tazztone wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:03 pm
i used a 50K pot, but upwards of 10K resulted in the driver already delivering it's max. 3A at 25V. so 10K is enough.
i will order 10K pots (and 20k as a security) from AliExpress and replace the A50K.
cost: 5pcs: 1.2$. plus some knobs.

A-type pots have a logarithmic curve (like the driver dimming response curve i posted)

on ali they only have cheap B (linear) pots.
my A50K is from digikey though. 0.7$ if i remember correctly
Thanks!
0 to 220
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Congrats =)

This post contains the dimming info. 40k linear pot is recommended by TRP.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=747&hilit=trp+dimm ... t=60#p7426
420TomBombadil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Well i did it! i just add the strips to my current cob build. 4x 1212 citizen 3000k 90cri with 185h-c1400b. With an Amazon lux meter I got 70.000lux from canopy at 14 inch. The small ones is about 40.000lux.

Dimmed the strips to minimum because at max load got about 85.000lux from top canopy and I think it´s too much, it´s right? Cobs actual power is 180W max is 215W

My tent is 24x24x48 plenty airlfow never got more than 79F, have a AC Infinity T4 and cobs works about 82-82F each one, cooled with Ac Infinity Multifan S4 pretty well.

My first grow with this build the cobs was too close to the walls and lost a lot of power, so second grow test moved more to center and got more intensity.

Image Image Image Image

Tiny plants at left are green apples :)

Will add some deep reds and royal blues from steve leds this week. What do you think? Any advice will be appreciate :D
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Looks great, I think you can go for the reds, not sure blue will do you any good, unless you go for some other blue then 450nm.

I think you might want to look at your water PH. Also do you have any environmental control?

For your next round you might want to Veg a little longer, try to fill the space up. :)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If you are going to add blues I would suggest 400nm and 430nm. No need for alot in an area that size, about 20watts is heaps, reds will be a better addition though especially for flowering
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
420TomBombadil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:53 pm
Looks great, I think you can go for the reds, not sure blue will do you any good, unless you go for some other blue then 450nm.

I think you might want to look at your water PH. Also do you have any environmental control?

For your next round you might want to Veg a little longer, try to fill the space up. :)
Thanks, I made a mistake using a cheap soil that found here at a nursery store, and with 38 days of flowering have a lot of yellow leaves, i use ph water always 6.5 but I think the soil is too hard and nothing to do only wait for harvest. She`s a Lando from Lost river seeds. I dont have any environmental control, only temp and humidity meters.

Also my previous grow got well, using a good soil without problems.