Where is the light.... bridgelux EB gen3

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi Y'all,

With lots of hours of reading and watching videos I thought I knew everything about led.

next chapter: ordering the good stuff: 18x bridgelux EB gen3 1190mm 3500K
1x Meanwell HLG-480H-42A (with 2 outputcables??)
U profiles, wiring, wagos etc etc

Building everything together in parallel on a 1.20x1.20m frame and set the driver at 10,8A. Each strip will get 600mA. so far, so good.....

Finishing touch: Power the system up. And then there was light......... NOT!!!

What am I missing? Did I made a wrong calculation? I run it over and over again but cannot find the problem.

Another question is how to handle the 2 output cables from the driver. At the first time I made 2 parallel circuits (9 strips), 1 per cable. The second time I used 1 cable and made 1 parallel circuit. The third time I putted the 2 cables together and connected it to the parallel circuit. Nothing works!

Who will give me light in these dark days....

Thanks mates!
TacticGuy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

So Sly wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:18 pm
Hi Y'all,

With lots of hours of reading and watching videos I thought I knew everything about led.

next chapter: ordering the good stuff: 18x bridgelux EB gen3 1190mm 3500K
1x Meanwell HLG-480H-42A (with 2 outputcables??)
U profiles, wiring, wagos etc etc

Building everything together in parallel on a 1.20x1.20m frame and set the driver at 10,8A. Each strip will get 600mA. so far, so good.....

Finishing touch: Power the system up. And then there was light......... NOT!!!

What am I missing? Did I made a wrong calculation? I run it over and over again but cannot find the problem.

Another question is how to handle the 2 output cables from the driver. At the first time I made 2 parallel circuits (9 strips), 1 per cable. The second time I used 1 cable and made 1 parallel circuit. The third time I putted the 2 cables together and connected it to the parallel circuit. Nothing works!

Who will give me light in these dark days....

Thanks mates!
Im not sure why honestly, but one thing im wondering about, is how did you go about setting the driver to output 10.8A?
Otherwise could you maby provide some pictures ?
:ugeek:
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Go over all your connections and maybe take some pictures for us to check
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey

Thanks for the quick respons.

I set the output current at 10.8A because I don 't want the driver to run in cc mode. With 18 strips I will have a good light spread. The strips run at 600mA in stead of the nominal 700 mA. Later on I'm going to use sight lighting and some mono colors.

Today I will make some pics and run over all the connections.

The driver has 2 output cables. Is this standard? I cannot find specifications on the internet and I am still waiting for an answer from Mouser. Must I use 1 cable, 2 cables apart, 2 cables set together? At all settings it gives me max current and max voltage when I am turning the Io and Vo at max. When I plug in the strips (all together at once ;) ) in the wagos the current drops at about 3A.

Much to learn..... :roll:
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Your driver always runs in constant current mode, there has been alot of confusion about how drivers work and I don't know where it came from but they are always constant current but voltage limited. My suggestion is to purchase an AB driver if available.
If your lights are not working at all take some photos of the wiring to show
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Take a good clear picture of the driver also, I have not seen 480s with 2 output leads and I didn't think they had them on the normal ones, meanwell does change things often though so I maybe wrong
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Looks normal to me
Looks normal to me
15709614003056697255596009171785.jpg
15709614641181886218479008543524.jpg
2 cables not attached because at the first time I made 2 parallel circuits. 1 for teach output cable
2 cables not attached because at the first time I made 2 parallel circuits. 1 for teach output cable
White Is black. Circuit. The + side is the same
White Is black. Circuit. The + side is the same
15709620464421751611570551625116.jpg
So Sly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

At 1 strip I am missing a + Connector. At that side I am using the - Connector. I dont think this should be the problem
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Alot of different coloured wires there, so you have the positive connected at one side of the strip and all the negative on the other side?
Do you have a multimeter?
YYCannabis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Curious why you have both output leads from the driver going to the same wago connector? Maybe your getting a feedback loop by having both leads connected to each other? (The brain box stops outputting electricity because it thinks it has a short?)