A little help for my new grow set up. Eb series gen.3 + 660 + uvb?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
violenzo
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi to all guys. It's time to change my citizen cobs and old leds. I was thinkin about' two possible setups:

Option A: 11/12 Bridgelux EB series Gen.3 4000k @1050ma (hlg 240h c1050a) in a box of 73cm x 73 cm (diy growbox with drywall panel) around 230 watt. (4 plants hempy bucket with mainlining (8 colas), i stay small)

Option B: 15 Bridgelux EB series Gen.3 4000k @1050ma (hlg 320h 1050a) in a box of 80 cm x 80 cm. Around 312 w. (also here mainlining with 4 plants in hempy buckets but 4 gallons instead of 3)

Which is better? any other options in this range of wattage?

Now my questions are: How many watts of 660nm (cree xpe photo red) per square foot (relative to the 4000k spectrum of the stripes) and how many watts of UVB leds (SemiLEDs Ultra Violet UVA LED (390-400nm)).?

I'd like to run the leds with another driver, obviosly..like @500ma

And now guys..just some suggestions guys. I want to make a good set up. Using the 4000k strips with the right quantity of 660nm i can almost replicate the spectrum (tested in laboratory) of the good Deadmau5 plug v3)..plus i really ike to have fun with leds. Thank for passing by and have a nice weekend..
Labgrown
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I'm not gonna do the math for you, but the easiest way I can think of to replicate growmau5's spectrum would be to count the ratio of red to white diodes he's using followed by how hard the red's are driven in comparison to the whites. If you plan on using the same Red diodes he's using it would be as simple as just recreating said ratio. If not you need to compare the % difference between your red diode out put and the one's he is using and then adjust the ratio accordingly.

After saying all this I'm also not sure the DIYing white plus 660 is any cheaper than just buying photo boost strips or mua5's pucks.

PLC strips are $28 with a single shipping fee.
gen 3's are $11+ with import tax(US) and cutter's tinny 3 diode red strip is 8.40.
DIY your losing one red diode and eating 2 shipping fees instead of 1 and you won't be able to push the whites as hard.
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

violenzo wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 pm
Hi to all guys. It's time to change my citizen cobs and old leds. I was thinkin about' two possible setups:

Option A: 11/12 Bridgelux EB series Gen.3 4000k @1050ma (hlg 240h c1050a) in a box of 73cm x 73 cm (diy growbox with drywall panel) around 230 watt. (4 plants hempy bucket with mainlining (8 colas), i stay small)

Option B: 15 Bridgelux EB series Gen.3 4000k @1050ma (hlg 320h 1050a) in a box of 80 cm x 80 cm. Around 312 w. (also here mainlining with 4 plants in hempy buckets but 4 gallons instead of 3)

Which is better? any other options in this range of wattage?

Now my questions are: How many watts of 660nm (cree xpe photo red) per square foot (relative to the 4000k spectrum of the stripes) and how many watts of UVB leds (SemiLEDs Ultra Violet UVA LED (390-400nm)).?

I'd like to run the leds with another driver, obviosly..like @500ma

And now guys..just some suggestions guys. I want to make a good set up. Using the 4000k strips with the right quantity of 660nm i can almost replicate the spectrum (tested in laboratory) of the good Deadmau5 plug v3)..plus i really ike to have fun with leds. Thank for passing by and have a nice weekend..

What did you end up building?
I am actually scheming out something similar to play around with. Picked up some gen 3s. Was thinking of throwing the cree xpe photo reds, and SemiLEDs UVAs onto stars and running then down a makeshift 2 channel strip.
Swamp botanist by day... Bedroom botanist by night.
violenzo
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi! I decided to stay with my cobs, but know i'd like to put 4 qb288 in a 3x3. Much money but zero works and good lights for sure. No uv, after researches, not worth it..maybe a flower initiator for the emersone effect.
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Uvb seems to trigger stress responses in my plants, so I wouldn't discard the idea totally. If you do decide to purchase UV, definitely do not go with LED's and instead hit up solacure for their UV fl bulbs. They work great.

Cheers,