Trouble with Bridgelux EB gen 2 connectors

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Elevator Dude
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Just my opinion but tinning wires inside squeeze connectors is a bad idea. The tinning will compress and the wire can eventually work its way out. Ferrules are a much better option if sized correctly.
Nicklas
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Elevator dude: that does look like a good option. I'll try with the solid core, and if that doesn't work out, I'll try ferrules.

About the parallel wiring, I assume the best way is to simply wire all the positive terminals together in a daisy-chain and connect to the positive terminal on the driver, and vice versa for the negatives?
litebaba
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

looks like a high density strip light. this site maybe provide some idea on resolving your trouble. https://www.onlumi.com/led-light-strip-connector/
ervinjason
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Teknik: I've now tried all 4 connectors on one board, and it's the same thing, so I think I'm just doing it wrong.

0 to 220: That makes sense. Should the insulated part of the wire also enter the hole?

Mine seems to be too thick for that. Would 20awg be the ideal wire?

I read in connection with poke-in connectors where someone recommended solid core wire.

Would 20awg solid core be better than 20awg stranded for this purpose?
Midnightsun72
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Your problem is the stranded wire. If you go to solid core. Or tin the wire you'll be able to get them to go in no problem. I prefer the solid core because I hate tinning every wire end so it gets stiff.