Help needed with drivers for EB Gen 2 strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
The-Fallen
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi, I hope everyone is well.

I need a bit of help with my strip build as I'm confused about what drivers I need.

I have 20 x 4ft EB Gen 2 strips (3500k) that I'd like to run soft, around 700ma'ish.
I also have 3 x HLG-120H-C700B drivers.
I was under the impression I could run 5 strips per driver, I then read a thread on here saying that "the max rated voltage for EB Gen 2 is 60v" and now I'm confused.

Do I need to have these wired in series or parallel?
Do I need new drivers?
If so I'd like to either set up 4 sets of 5 strips or 2 sets of 10 strips depending on cost.

Thanks in advance for any help with this as I'm reading loads of threads all saying different things which has just confused me more.
The_Mouse_Police
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Each HLG-120-C700 can power 5 of those strips in series. That will be around 39V. The 60V is per strip, and is a surge/insulation/CYA rating.
The-Fallen
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you for confirming this, that is what I'd worked it out at before getting confused.

I rigged 5 up in series to the driver the other day and it ran fine.

I used 1/0.8mm 20 AWG Single Solid Core Wire with a 300V RMS, is this sufficient? or should I grab some 18AWG solid core with a 600V RMS?
I just want to make sure it's nice and safe.

Thanks
The_Mouse_Police
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Assuming it is just a feet, and you are not daisy chaining the wiring, 20 will be fine, but bigger means fewer losses.