Help needed for small eb gen 3 light build

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Pite
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi everyone,

I need some help regarding the small light build that ill be using for vegetative stage only.
The box ill be working with is 40x60x60cm so i was thinking about 1 footers eb gen 3 with highest K available - which is currently 5k i guess.
For the given space im assuming something between 70 and 100w would be just fine right? (Not gonna be flowering there). Got some 100k res pots laying around from the previous build so id like to use them aswell (b version of meanwell driver).
Im looking for the efficiency of the light and not using any kind of heatsinks - there will be air moving in the box, planning on using 3x 14cm pc fans (100+ cfm if needed) for the air movement in the box and one for the extraction.

I'd like a suggestions from you guys on how many strips should i order and which driver to go along with them.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort!
the Falcon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Put a link to the strips you plan to use.
Pite
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I was thinking about combining these 2 stripes:
https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/e ... =322997296

https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/e ... =322997839

Since my aim is high efficiency i was thinking about running them at 500ma. I want to be able to bring the light closer to the plants and not having trouble with the heat. With 500ma ill be getting around 5-6w per strip if im not wrong. Or should i go with 300ma and get some more strips?
the Falcon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I think if you did 70w then do 10 strips. Those are a strange voltage - might be good to wire two in series and then make parallel circuits out of those then it would 21.8v instead of 10.9 and they can max out to 11.7v. so then a good 24v driver is easy to find. Also too bad you don't have a few extra cm then you could use the 590mm ones and save all that wiring... I run 6 of the 590 ones on a 120w driver with a homemade hollow alu frame that serves as a heatsink. it runs just warm and plants grow great under it - make me think if you run those at ten watts with air movement you will just need some sort of alu frame and you will be good. - Use thermal tape!