Upgrading from 4x4 to 4x8 - Help Me Decide New Lights?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
throwmj5000
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I currently run a 4x4 in a tent, with these 4xfotop800 boards + 3 fogro36 660nm strips @ 135w on each fotop800 board (max is 320w a board) + 96w of the red light:

As seen here:

...I will be migrating to a 4x8 garden bed in an open room, no tent. Money isn't a big deal, so was planning on just duplicating my current frame setup for the new 4x4 space.

Question: My setup has the wattage to where I could build a 4x8 frame and spread the panels out. Should I just instead do that? Or, with money not an issue, should I explore some of the newer options out there? Like these Samsung-F bars or what not?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

What you have looks pretty good, if you are happy with it then double it up.
You could do a strip build if you have the time and wanted to gain on efficiency a bit.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
throwmj5000
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks Teknik --

I kinda hesitate replying because I see so many other threads here asking about 4x4 spaces. I'll keep it short then to simply: In a practical sense, if money and time was no object, what would be the best LED lighting setup for it? I've got a $1200 re-order prepped on Alibaba (this time w/ lm301bs - first were lm561c) and figured doesn't hurt to ask :)

That led me to thinking - should there be a tier listing for 4x4 LED setups? What would be targeted? Maximum and even spread of PPFD per watt?

ie, to spit ball it:

S Tier: lm301b 640 actual wattage + blue LEDs for veg & 660nm for flower
A Tier: lm561c 600w
B Tier: 480w of F-strip bars
C Tier: HPS, etc.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Things often depend on the style of growing more than the lights.

Its difficult to say what is best as it changes in different environments.
Some growers do better with less light rather than more, this comes with experience though.
Doesnt matter what you spend on a light or how good it is in the end it comes down to experience of the grower.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik