Bridgelux gen3 slim CRI90 test results

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

@rocketsoul sent me some bridgelux gen3 2700K CRI90 strips to test
Results were pretty good for such a cheap strip
I added a report in lumens for those that use a lux meter and want a conversion rate
Screenshot_20200502-053322_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200502-053355_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200502-053427_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200502-053514_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200502-053545_Drive.jpg
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
ganjah
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks @TEKNIK. This looks like the strip to beat for price/photon in a good spectrum. Plenty of red and not too much blue.

Do you think the EB3 Slim 90cri would test any different than the normal sized version? I'd suspect slightly different thermal characteristics?

And thanks to @LEDG getting this show back on the road. What a great website! :D
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The CRI 80 version maybe a little higher in micromouls per joule, it won't be much better than this.
I would still suggest to use the CRI90
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:45 pm
The CRI 80 version maybe a little higher in micromouls per joule, it won't be much better than this.
I would still suggest to use the CRI90
More watts can allways get you a bit more output, but it wont give you better spectrum. 90 cri all the way when available
NLDhunt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you Teknik.

Im wondering if you have noticed the difference in the eb3 carried by future electronics and digikey. The manufacture number is different and the maximum voltage on the ones being carried by future electronics (1400m) is lower than the one carried by digikey (1700m).
The ones at digikey are the “slim” (12.7mm)line whereas the future electronics has the regular version (24mm).
Here is datasheet for the ones carried by digikey ..

https://www.bridgelux.com/sites/default ... ev%20A.PDF

Snd the one carried by future electronics....

https://www.bridgelux.com/sites/default ... ev%20A.pdf

Any insights on the difference?
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

There are a few differences in the datasheets re ninety cris lum per watt but id expect the slim sheet to be less accurate, iirc they have the same lum per watt for all ninety cree offerings.

id say the main difference is in voltage; standard version have same voltage for one and two foot, where as slim has different voltage but same nominal current. Also size: slim has slightly different lengths making them harder to fit into standard tents.

You can build up higher diode density for slim version, but if you want to run with no heatsink id go for standard due to larger pcb.
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

tests above are on the slim version btw
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The wider version will be better in most cases for strip builds due to the way the copper is spread out on the pcb. This will aid alot with heat dissipation. The bridgelux strips are made with FR4 so they do not dissipate heat all that well even after adding heatsinks. This is also why you should run the bridgelux strips at a lower current as they just cant get the heat out fast enough at higher currents.

The wider strips are also easier to mount to a frame due to the larger screw holes.
NLDhunt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you gentlemen, appreciate the feedback.
Greenmadness
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey @TEKNIK how low do you think one should run these eb gen 3 strips at for 3.0+ umol/j?