H-Series build w/ T-Slot extrusion for seedlings and estimating PPFD

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
MadCowTX
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Today I will finish my H-Series build for tomato seedlings just in time, as a couple of my tomato seedlings are just starting to peek out from the soil ever so slightly. (I'll probably also use this light for culinary herbs, orchids, and/or playing with hydroponics after the tomatoes move outside). It's a little fancy, with a frame built out of t-slot extrusion from Tnutz, and I definitely spent too much money on it, but I wanted something that I could just order the parts and put them together with little or no drilling and sawing. I'll post photos and details here once it's completed.

This is my first LED grow light and first time growing anything under lights in 20+ years. I'm trying to figure out how high to hang it over my seedlings and how hard to run it (it's dimmable) without a quantum meter. Is there any way I can get a reasonable estimate of PFFD at various heights based on either wattage from the wall using a Kill-A-Watt, or using an Android lux meter app or inexpensive lux meter? The light is 5x H-Series 2-foot 4000K strips on a Meanwell HLG-120H-C700B driver.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
J.R.R.
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Tnutz is awesome!

That extrusion is a little more expensive, but it gives you such a clean look...definitely worth it for me.

Service at Tnutz is top-notch, too.

Congrats on the veg light!