New bridgelux products?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Labgrown
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I am well aware I have been inactive in some time, but did Bridgleux silently release a new Gen for the dual channel Vesta strips, and a new highout put Gen3 EB strip.

their news tab makes no mention of these drops but the data sheets exist.

gen3 Vesta strips: https://www.bridgelux.com/sites/default ... ev%20A.pdf

High output Gen3: https://www.bridgelux.com/sites/default ... ev%20A.pdf

The high output model just seems to be built to handle driving the LED's harder. Im hoping this might mean they are building a strip with an aluminum backing.

Anyone have more info on both these bad boys.

I absolutely love my old vesta Build that allows me run both channels (2700k/5000k 90cri) during veg, and then flip a switch and push all the current just through the 2700k channels. If this comes out anywhere soon, i'll be excited to replace my old Vesta build with a build roughly 13% more efficient on the 2700 channel.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The new bridgelux thrive will be the one to look out for. I want to test them once available so let me know if you spot them
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Ganjedi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

The new eb gen3 high output strips will generate more heat than the current gen3 strips since they run harder right ? I have back ordered the current eb gen3 strips and would like to have a general idea if I should wait on the new high output ones or carry on with the current gen3. The temperatures here are pretty high so running strips that generate less heat would be something I want to go for :D
GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:27 am
The new bridgelux thrive will be the one to look out for. I want to test them once available so let me know if you spot them
Had a look

Other than tunable the output looks shit

What are U waiting for?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

GARDENFIRELED wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:55 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Had a look

Other than tunable the output looks shit

What are U waiting for?
Output of radiant flux looks very high considering the high amount of cyan and 430nm.
If they are priced well and performance is similar to the data sheet then they will be a very nice strip.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ganjedi wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:20 pm
The new eb gen3 high output strips will generate more heat than the current gen3 strips since they run harder right ? I have back ordered the current eb gen3 strips and would like to have a general idea if I should wait on the new high output ones or carry on with the current gen3. The temperatures here are pretty high so running strips that generate less heat would be something I want to go for :D
If you drive them harder they will produce more heat. Efficiency will probably be much higher than the standard gen3s though, is there any indication of price of the HO?
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Vesta Thrive Spectrum Graph...
Vesta Thrive Spectrum Graph...

I"m also looking forward to tests of Spectrum Wavelength Distribution percentages. If they are anything like the Vesta 2750's and EB Gen3 90 CRI they should not need any Blue, Red (Deep Red) or Far Red Supplementation, just possibly some Voilet 400 - 420 nm (? nm) ...
Ganjedi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:07 pm
If you drive them harder they will produce more heat. Efficiency will probably be much higher than the standard gen3s though, is there any indication of price of the HO?
No clue about the price for the HO. I was thinking since we tend to run the normal gen3 strips at around 700mA instead of 1400mA to make them run cooler , wouldn't running the HO gen3 at 1400mA instead of 2800mA still produce more heat than the normal gen3 run at 700mA ? Or can the HO gen3 run cooler in theory maybe if they use aluminum base or something like that ? You think that can be a possibility ? Or should I just stick to the normal gen3 since running strips cooler is my first priority ?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I haven't read through the data sheet to see if they are on aluminium or not

If they are on aluminium then that would be a very good thing.
Heat doesn't transfer well to a heatsink on FR4 so even if the strips are alot more powerful and just as bright at double the current I would still run them soft and gain the extra efficiency.
Heat dissipates better through the front of a strip when on FR4 than it does through the rear. The copper tracing spreads the heat out and cools it better than the FR4 does. There is no copper on the back side of the strip.
If they made them from Aluminium then they would be kick arse.
violenzo
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi! I'm about to build a gen3 slim set up..but..wait a minute..or a month..anybody knows where the gen3 high output will be commercialized? The datasheet is promising, i'm waiting for the prices. I searched all over the internet but nothing..and Bridgelux never responded a single email.