Wire HLG-240H-24B in series?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
infosponge
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I’m going to rebuild one of my lights, the very first one I built actually, and have found it much easier to wire them in series. Unfortunately, the first few lights I’ve built were all done in parallel, resulting in more effort and expense. I would prefer to rebuild this light and wire it in series but I’m unsure whether or not it will work properly. If I’m not mistaken the HLG series is actually constant current and constant voltage but I just want to make sure before I go frying anything. Thanks
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

It's only a 24V driver so you won't really be able to wire anything in series on it. That thing is built for parallel.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
infosponge
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks man, I was afraid of that. Gonna have to get another spool of wire, ugh :(
greengenes
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

That driver is not for series per say, but hard to give any advice without more on the build specs...number of boards, board voltage, model numbers, anything to be able to spec a driver.