XlG 240 H AB

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

IMG_20201210_165443_copy_3024x1701.jpg
Apologise for all the post but I believe I'm a different time zone to you so trying to give as much information as possible.

Ok so I've tried to start off what I think would be correct for the wiring as you can see in the photo above..so I would carry this on for all the strips?

Ps Brown wire - negative
Blue wire - Positive
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

Ryan9422 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:58 pm
Ok so I've tried to start off what I think would be correct for the wiring as you can see in the photo above..so I would carry this on for all the strips?

Ps Brown wire - negative
Blue wire - Positive
Yes...
You have to make / create / wire as many “pairs”, two (2) strips in series.
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@PeteR_1 Thanks for the reply mate.

I have them wired in pairs but that odd strip I've just left out and I think I'm just going to cut the frame and remove that strip and heatsink. Thanks a lot for youre help really cleared it up for me.
IMG_20201210_203238.jpg
As you can see they all light up, except the end one.. dim without any buzzing or humming sound. Over the moon, considering I nearly scrapped it all. Thanks again everyone.
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

@Ryan9422
You’re welcome.

Don’t forget to keep the Amperage / Watts below the Maximum recommendations, for increased lifespan and reduced heat output. Good luck.
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@PeteR_1

Guess I'll have to invest in a multi meter then...that will tell me I think? Will also need to learn how to use one first I guess. Thanks again, take care.
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

Ryan9422 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Guess I'll have to invest in a multi meter then...that will tell me I think? Will also need to learn how to use one first I guess. Thanks again, take care.
Or at least a Kill-A-Watt Meter which plugs inline to the LED Driver, no learning curve. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_A_Watt

https://www.harborfreight.com/kill-a-wa ... 93519.html

Note: with a 92% efficient LED Driver (XLG-240-H-AB),
152 Watts at Meter equals ~ 140 Watts at LED Strips
[ displayed Watts * 0.92 ]

Good luck.
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@PeteR_1

Il get one of those then but the UK equivalent..with me having a spare XLG driver now, I may aswell build another light. In your opinion what do you think would be the cheapest possible option strips, quantum's or cobs? Thanks, Ryan
snookerloopy
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Looks very similar to the build i saw on uk420 - I put up a post with the correct wiring and also commented about the wiring, alas i was told by the experts to "not confuse things" and hence I removed the diagram. Glad you got it sorted....
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@snookerloopy

Hi mate. Yea that's me,sorry I didn't know at the time and just assumed the right diagram was posted. Should of listened to you. Thanks a lot take care
snookerloopy
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Lol no worries mate. It was the fact that 2 or 3 people had "checked" your wiring and all of them have built loads that made me think i must have missed something. Anyway at least you didn't fry your strips which I was concerned about to be honest.