XlG 240 H AB

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@snookerloopy

Yeah just a silly mix up I think, least I know now anyways. Luckily they didn't blow or anything pal. Take care see you about ;)
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

Ryan9422 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:21 am
Il get one of those then but the UK equivalent..with me having a spare XLG driver now, I may aswell build another light. In your opinion what do you think would be the cheapest possible option strips, quantum's or cobs? Thanks, Ryan
IMO LED Strips are the best option for light quality and distribution...

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5872

There are lots of inexpensive LED Strips that can be used with your LED Driver...
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@PeteR_1

Thanks for the link. Great thread, guess you're very clued up.

I see you also got the Samsung's strips for basically the same price I paid for the bridgeluxs. I'm going to peice together another build to fit in an 80 x 80 area. I literally only need the strips also as I have everything else spare. Thanks
Ryan9422
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

BXEB-TL-2750G-3000-A-13

I've found these on Digi key, they are bridgelux Vestas
24.8v.

Current Test - 1A
Current Max - 2A

So to find out the wattage of each strip I just multiply the V x A and this gives me the wattage I believe...but do I use the test current or the max?

If I used the max current each strip would be around 49.6w so there for I think 8 strips would be ideal so I'm not running them hard all the time? Is this correct ?

Struggling to find the correct way to determine how to match drivers to strips etc..but I feel like I'm on the right track . Ryan
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

Ryan9422 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:33 am
So to find out the wattage of each strip I just multiply the V x A and this gives me the wattage I believe...but do I use the test current or the max?
If I used the max current each strip would be around 49.6w so there for I think 8 strips would be ideal so I'm not running them hard all the time? Is this correct ?
Struggling to find the correct way to determine how to match drivers to strips etc..but I feel like I'm on the right track . Ryan
IMO you should use the "Test Current" / 50% or less of Max current for Bridgelux LED Strips, at 50% of Maximum (or less) the LED Strips operate more efficiently and cooler requiring little no heatsinks. Operating at 50% or less (of maximum) also works for the Samsung LED Strips, more efficient, cooler less heatsinking required.

At 50 Watts each strip you would need Heavy Duty Heatsinking because they will be running hard at Maximum Rated Current.

You should always "Size" a Light for Grow Area, Plant Species and Plant Growth Stage

1st. Size the light required for your ~ 0.7 m2 Grow Area...
2nd. Select LED Strips and LED Driver to provide the required PPF or ~ Lumens ;

8 strips @ 25600 Lm, PPF ~ 410 umol/s @ 200 Watts, ~ 4000K CCT 90 CRI Bridgelux Vesta2750G LEDs, require minimal (to no) heatsink.
Bridgelux Vesta 2750G Gen2 Tests... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5761

LED Strip Options;
10 Bridgelux Gen2 Vesta 2750G 560mm 90 CRI strips can provide ~ 32000 Lm, PPF ~ 512 umol/s @ 240 Watts, requiring minimal (to no) heatsink.
Bridgelux Gen2 Vesta 2750G @ Digikey... https://www.digikey.com/en/products/det ... 13/7899252
Bridgelux Gen2 Vesta 2750G Datasheets... https://bridgelux.com/sites/default/fil ... ev%20A.pdf

LED Driver;
MeanWell XLG-240-H-AB LED Driver can provide 240 Watts @ 27 - 56 Vdc with Adjustable Current and Output Dimming (-AB)
XLG-240-H-AB LED Driver @ Digikey... https://www.digikey.com/en/products/det ... b/10300463
XLG-240-H-AB LED Driver Datasheet... https://www.meanwell.com/Upload/PDF/XLG ... 0-SPEC.PDF
faizanmazhar00
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ryan9422 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:26 pm
@snookerloopy

Yeah just a silly mix up I think, least I know now anyways. Luckily they didn't blow or anything pal. Take care see you about ;)
IMO you should use the "Test Current" / 50% or less of Max current for Bridgelux LED Strips, at 50% of Maximum (or less) the LED Strips operate more efficiently and cooler requiring little no heatsinks. Operating at 50% or less (of maximum) also works for the Samsung LED Strips, more efficient, cooler less heatsinking required.