2x Growcraft ledbars .

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
meersie
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

[*]Hello , i am new here but follow ledgardener his youtube channel all ready a while .
I bought 2 led bars of chill led the 40 inch , now they tell me that the max is 3500mA by 46v .
When i ask for the best mean well driver for the bars in series they tell me 1750mA because in series you have to divide by 2 (because of 2 bars ) ?
In series the voltage goes up but the mA stays the same yes ? I was looking on the channel
about the QB288 boards of HLG and there is explained like this ?
So i was thinking on the HLG-320-3500C / b , 320 because of the 160W for each bar and the 3500 because of the 3500mA max , but turn the build-in potentiometer a bit down so i don't exceed the maximum . The only problem is the voltage , 2x 46v = 92v and the driver have only 91v (95vf) .

I there a better solution ? and do i am so wrong in my thinking ?

THX for the help .
greengenes
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

meersie wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:37 pm
[*]Hello , i am new here but follow ledgardener his youtube channel all ready a while .
I bought 2 led bars of chill led the 40 inch , now they tell me that the max is 3500mA by 46v .
When i ask for the best mean well driver for the bars in series they tell me 1750mA because in series you have to divide by 2 (because of 2 bars ) ?
In series the voltage goes up but the mA stays the same yes ? I was looking on the channel
about the QB288 boards of HLG and there is explained like this ?
So i was thinking on the HLG-320-3500C / b , 320 because of the 160W for each bar and the 3500 because of the 3500mA max , but turn the build-in potentiometer a bit down so i don't exceed the maximum . The only problem is the voltage , 2x 46v = 92v and the driver have only 91v (95vf) .

I there a better solution ? and do i am so wrong in my thinking ?

THX for the help .
In series nothing will be cut in half. The current stay the same and the voltage will be added together(doubled in this case).
In parallel, the current will be cut in half(or how ever many parallel strings) but the voltage the same.

What are you trying to light up/do with these bars is what you need to figure out before specing the build.