qb 132 build questions

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
unclegord
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

so my flower tent is a 5x5 and all i have in there at the moment is 2 optic 1 xls and some supplimental light until i do these boards , so the optics are supposed to cover 2x4 in total with 200w power draw for flowering but what i cant find is how much area 1 of the boards will cover . so i cant decide how to configure them on the fixture i only have the 185 1400b at the moment . i have x8 qb 132's but only enough juice to run 4 at the moment wondering about spacing distance between them for right now with 4 and then shortly ill add the other 4 . also curious how that optic 1 will do if i box it in with boards. i know im short on lights if i buy the same driver for the other 4 wondering what driver would max them out. thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

first off welcome to the forum 😁

how much space they can cover is dependent on how much power you give them... our host Ledgardener normally recommends roughly 30w per square foot of space. this is a good base to go by if you can't determine ppfd on your own ( have a good meter) ppfd is a better measurement overall...

running 4 qb 132's with the hlg-185h-c1400 is putting them roughly at 50w each.. with a even spread of the boards it would cover a 2 x 4... a 240 and a 5th board would be the 30w a sqft but then your getting odd placements...

so best bet is just plan ahead.. (the best part about DIY!! adding to your build when you can afford it!!!) say your running a 4x4 space.. use both of the optics and the 4 board build now... when you can get another 4 and a 185w driver.. replace one of the optics... then do it again so you end up running 3 x 185's with 4 boards each!! almost 600w with that 12 board spread would be awesome!!! or get creative and build frames to put boards around the optics like ya said.. maybe even use 132's as side lighting as well as overhead..

the options are endless over time.. it just depends on what you need/ want to do 😁

again welcome!