Migro tests the HLG in a 2x2 with great results

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

The HLG came out at the top of Migro's test chart. I think without the diffuser cover it would have beaten all the competition? Is a diffuser going to lose about .25 uMol/J? https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv ... 5.full.pdf
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Screenshot_2019-01-24-14-03-37.png
Possibly! It's nice to see some real world numbers, thanks for the link.
Run 'em soft
QuantumMechanic
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So, all you guys using Quantum Boards... Do you use a plastic cover over your boards?
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

QuantumMechanic wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 am
So, all you guys using Quantum Boards... Do you use a plastic cover over your boards?
nope.. almost two years for kits ( 1 & 1/2 yr for tent) running them bare... no acrylic sheet, or $50+ worth of ledil Florence per board. when I do spray, I raise the lights.. if I find dusty/dirt on diodes, just a tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol with a q-tip and your good.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

QuantumMechanic wrote:
This issue would affect bare diode strips as well but I hadn't heard of a plague of QB diode deaths as yet. Guess I have to add annual diode cleaning to my maintenance SOPS if it's true..
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Professor Xavier wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:18 pm
QuantumMechanic wrote:
This issue would affect bare diode strips as well but I hadn't heard of a plague of QB diode deaths as yet. Guess I have to add annual diode cleaning to my maintenance SOPS if it's true..
For clarification, in the video Shane uses a lense or acrylic sheet to protect his diodes on his HLG 288.2 board as he is concerned aboot dust or particulate accumulating and heating, causing diodes to burn out.
Aloha Marine. Thanks for another good vid. I like Shane's testing method.
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Retest with cover removed.
QuantumMechanic
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I was kind of curious about losses... so I did a little testing. I cut off a toilet paper tube about a cm longer than my quantum sensor and with some tape, made a fixture to support various pieces of clear stuff above the sensor. This assembly was put about 3" below a daylight CFL in a cabinet. I didn't have a lot of materials to test but here's what I saw for losses:

Expensive photographic nano-coated UV filter for my DSLR camera lens -5%

Post Office clear packing tape, 2 layers -6%

Thin piece of clear plastic from the top of a display box, about 1/16" thick -10%

I want some of Shane's plastic.... It's seems to be far above most material in light transmission ability.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

QuantumMechanic wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:44 am
I was kind of curious about losses... so I did a little testing. I cut off a toilet paper tube about a cm longer than my quantum sensor and with some tape, made a fixture to support various pieces of clear stuff above the sensor. This assembly was put about 3" below a daylight CFL in a cabinet. I didn't have a lot of materials to test but here's what I saw for losses:

Expensive photographic nano-coated UV filter for my DSLR camera lens -5%

Post Office clear packing tape, 2 layers -6%

Thin piece of clear plastic from the top of a display box, about 1/16" thick -10%

I want some of Shane's plastic.... It's seems to be far above most material in light transmission ability.
Kudos for doing a real world test. Care to share any raw data from it?