HLG QB324 V2 board, driver and wire questions

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The 324 runs about 1.5v higher than the 288. At similar current. This results in a small increase in overall watts. However given that do offer a slight increase off wattage at similar efficiency and they off ER the 3500k spectrum is what sold me on the board. That and the price point. $79 with heatsink is $5 more than a 288v2 without a heatsink and $15 less than a 288v2 with a heatsink.
Cheers!
Cannasim
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

WhiteRecluse wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:52 pm
The 324 runs about 1.5v higher than the 288. At similar current. This results in a small increase in overall watts. However given that do offer a slight increase off wattage at similar efficiency and they off ER the 3500k spectrum is what sold me on the board. That and the price point. $79 with heatsink is $5 more than a 288v2 without a heatsink and $15 less than a 288v2 with a heatsink.
For sure, totally agree! In my case was the way to go as i needed more intensity the the 288 can provide.

HLG don’t enfasise this board though, Not everyone knows this board. In their website they have added a few more infos in the board page.

On the v1 that uses Nichia diodes I have seen a few comments from them comparing the board with the 288, their comment was that the 288 was more efficient and the 324 had better spectrum and more intensity.

I feel that they could do a better job in the informations and customer support, like getting back to their clients, note that i had already ordered the boards when I got in touch with them...
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The ninchia is a totally different animal as they mix cri. 90 cri puts out less lumens but has similar par. It's deceptive but likely just as good at growing. They added some info recently on the 324's which make it easier for folks to do the math for themselves.

There are a couple reasons they haven't released datasheets. 1. Their tech is copied. 2. The datasheets are also deceptive I think. While adding 2 parrallel strings of 18 we should see an 11%incease in wattage. However, I think we see a slight voltage increase and likely an efficacy bump over the 2.53 umol/j. I haven't wrapped my head around this yet. 18s18p I get confused and there are many variables. Easch parrallel strings will draw a slightly different current.
Cheers!