2x4 zeus xt

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Vctr
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I was going to go for a Quantum board installation, but since I found Led Tech and their Zeus boards I decided that would be a better choice for me.

I have had a desire for a light fixture with a good dispersion of light for as long as I've grown (~13 years... how time flies...) I have always grown in rectangular areas which is not good for even illumination. I started out with a cooltubed 600w hps in a 100x50cm space. Had great grows, but the light spread was terrible. Lately I've grown with a 315 cmh in 2x4 and a single grow with a 200w Vero29 (4 cobs) in the same tent. The cmh in a dpapillon fixture did light the tent reasonably well, but the sides were visibly dimmer. The single 200w set was not really enough IMO, but I thought I'd get another set later. If I build this light the cobs will go to veg.

Ok that was more background than you wanted, but it's just to show that I have some experience.

Anyway... I want to build the "ultimate" light that I will be satisfied with for a long time. My plan is four Zeus XT boards. At 44x28cm per board + frames they fill my 120x60cm tent almost completely, which seems awesome to me. There are a few drivers I'm trying to choose between.

Led tech sells ELG-150-42AB-3Y which would fit two boards parallel at maximum current of 1750ma. That would seem reasonable as the boards would run at ~38.3v producing ~54000 lumens or ~915 ppfd.

Now that is plenty, but I wouldn't mind being able to do 2.1a per board and 1250 ppfd (64000lumen). I realize that is a lot, but having that option would be cool. For that 2x ELG-200-C2100B-3Y seems like a reasonable choice. One driver would be more efficient, but the closest fit (HLG-320H-C2100) I found only goes up to 152v which is about 3v less than the boards draw at 2.1a. The bigger drivers seem like waste(?).

I'm not sure what I'm asking... I guess if this is a reasonable path to take and a bit of driver advice would be nice. Should I go for the 2.1 amps or 1.75 and add red diodes later? I guess I've gone too far the rabbit hole and analysis paralysis has set in. Give me a push :lol:
Vctr
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Haha, no one pushed me, but I did order the two sets of two boards. And I decided to go with the 2.1a drivers. I think I'm set for a long time.
0 to 220
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Hmm, never saw this post but I wasn't very active. Shame you did not get a reply. But I think you made a good pick! With HLG high power CC drivers it seems necessary to do series+parallel wiring I think, but I'm not sure what I remember. The voltage often fell short in my own calculations too. Anyway, 4 boards with 2 of those drivers in 2*4 brings you to the same 320w or 40w/sqft. And you have the bonus of dimming 2 instead of one. I think you definitely won't need heatsinks; according to Led-Tech that board is fine to use at 3.5A.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Might be people are not familiar with the product, so lacking a link, its hard to comment. Sounds like your on the way to a great build there, and the forum is here if you need any advice :D
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Led Tech has some great products
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Vctr
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

:D I'm not really complaining about not getting responses as I didn't really ask anything. I wrote the post mostly to clear my head after stuffing it with info and perhaps to get a tiny push to make me part with my moneys.

Here's the board: https://www.led-tech.de/en/ZEUS-308-XT- ... -KIT-3500k

I've learnt a lot on this forum and the tutorials!