Dimmer for a set of 9 qb288

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

You could use something like that too, they don't work the same way as the one I suggested though
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
jon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

So I found why the remote dimmer is not working. It's because I am supposed to also wire the input cable to the dimmer. This means that all of the power going to my boards would also pass through the cheap dimmer made in china ... no way i'm trusting this

Is there any remote dimmer that can work using only the two dimming wires of the meanwell power supply? Just like a normal potentiometer which requires only 2 wires... but with remote control
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I have you the link to the one cutter sells, that one is easy, just 2 wires and it's done
jon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:40 pm
I have you the link to the one cutter sells, that one is easy, just 2 wires and it's done
But it's not a remote control dimmer
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Why do you need a remote control? Do you not have access to the room or something? I hate remote controls they get lost too easy and fail, nothing wrong with an old school dimmer knob.
jon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Because I have 9 boards and too much power, so I want to be able to dim the lights at precise points like dimming to 75%
With the remote control dimmer, there's a button to dim it to 75% or 50% or 25%. A potentiometer is not accurate, you just rotate it randomly and hope it's really at the % you want

No one use a remote control on this forum?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Most people that want precision use a proper controller. I think illumi meshtek maybe a good option for you. You can use the 0-10V version, you can set the dimming over your phone
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

speedygreeny
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

You can also made 3 or 4 fixed loops with open ends, 25Kohm, 50kohm and 75kohm, so if you want 25% you put the swith with the 25kohm on and so on, this is very accurate and a good solution if you want only 3 or 4 fixed values
Don't trust the chinese dimmers with the power for the meanwell drivers or other drivers as the startup peak from a 320W meanwell led psu is 70A. As i use more then 1 320W psu on 1 fuse and i use camtech inrush current limiters, they will limit the inrush current (if you have 5 x 320w on 1 fuse your start will be 350A and non of the electric fuses are made for these currents.

Link to the limiters : https://www.camtec-powersupplies.com/esb101

Here a list with how many drivers you can attach to one fuse if you use the limiters
https://www.simpex.ch/ShopDaten/LED%20L ... zteile.pdf
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The dimmer circuit doesn't have any connection with the mains voltage