QB 288 V2 Rspec driver question

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I just ordered six (HLG QB288 V2 Rspec boards) for a DIY- HLG SCORPION Rspec build and I'm getting ready to order drivers, my question is would it be better to use two Meanwell HLG-480H-54ab drivers or use three Meanwell HLG-320H-54ab drivers? Two 480's are about the same price as three 320's and will give me 160 watts per board either way. I know by using AB drivers I can limit the power to an acceptable level and have wired dimming. Is there an advantage between having two drivers or three? I am a big fan of these boards and by using multiple drivers they are easily expandable with out breaking the bank. THANK YOU in advance
Tom Bombadil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

What about something a little less complicated that you would wire out remotely offering potentially less heat and weight on your fixture. I'm thinking something along these lines...

https://www.meanwell-web.com/content/fi ... 0-spec.pdf
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you! I had not though about something like that, it is cheaper and more powerful than my Hlg-600H-54ab. But after looking at my bank account I have changed my plans. Haha
Last winter I built a DIY HLG 600 Rspec for a 4'x4' tent this year I added a 5'x5' tent and was going to build a DIY HLG Scorpion Rspec for the new tent. I did some thinking about it and I have decided to use my Hlg-600H-54ab on my new (6 board) Scorpion build in the 5x5 and order a Hlg-320-54ab for my (4 board) Rspec the 4x4 tent. The 320 driver is only $85.50 saving me a bunch of money. I think I can veg. with the 320 in the 4x4 and flower with the 600 in the 5x5. To be honest I never turned the 600 with 4 boards up over 300 watt's all season and had great success.