More QB Testing

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I've got some more QB testing lined up in the next week or two. Things like:

- How well they divvy up current with parallel wiring
- PPFD measurements for the 4 board 600 watt kit
- Stress testing for a single QB (cooking one of these is going to feel so wrong :shock: )
- PPFD comparisons vs COBs

Anything else you guys would like to see? I'll be doing a few videos again.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
kmb
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I'd be interested in seeing a comparison of the LUX to the PPFD readings you get for the QB.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Would you be happy with a lux reading off of a phone?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Actually, yes. Given that I don't have the means to get a fancy sensor (or rather, I'd rather invest those means in more lights), I'd be happy to see how well-measured PPFD roughly translates to lumens as measured by a cell phone sensor under COB/mid-power LEDs. Thanks!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Now I'm curious too. I'll give this a go at a couple different colour temperatures.

kmb
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yeah, I would actually prefer a lux reading off a phone so us DIY can "roughly" translate what we have into PPFD.

Different colour temps would be really cool.

If at all possible could you take lux readings at 3-5 different ppfd values for any test you do so we can see how linear the response is?

Awesome site!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

No problem. Thank you :mrgreen:

MaxHeadRoom
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Optimal board spacing. I know we have already been working on this, but some firm numbers would be helpful for future builds. :D
Thanks
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Ohhhhh boy. I got my shipment from HLG and those boys sent me some cool shit. Let the testing begin!

Some CLU048-1212s, a few CLU048-1818s, a handful of CLU058-1825s, a couple Vero 29s, and a CXB3590 for good measure:

QB288 and QB304 of various temps with slate 3, slate 3 triple, slate 4, and slate 5 heat sinks:

Some badass drivers:

I'm super pumped.

Tune
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Can you test those QB's in a 5X5 setup?