Growmau5 100W 48V 2A pucks for $50 (220pc lm561C)

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Anyone as excited about these as I am? Def gonna purchase a few when they drop, might need a few heatsinks though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfwTs9klZKA ... y=growmau5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMmqYIHR760
CanadianClosetGarden
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

:) looks good
My next build I think
Cheers
CCG
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

goood complement with quantum board!!!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I watched Gromau5 read this thread live on his Instagram stream last night. Pretty hilarious stream.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:38 pm
I watched Gromau5 read this thread live on his Instagram stream last night. Pretty hilarious stream.
OMG really? That's awesome, I feel so honored that the Supreme LED'er saw a post on the ledgardener forums.

Hope he had good things to say. Actually, nvm. Dude could straight insult me to my face and I'd bow down and beg him for a job at ChilLED. 😂

Srsly tho Mau5 if you're listening, you guys still hiring?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

de la soil wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:51 pm
LEDG wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:38 pm
OMG really? That's awesome, I feel so honored that the Supreme LED'er saw a post on the ledgardener forums.

Hope he had good things to say. Actually, nvm. Dude could straight insult me to my face and I'd bow down and beg him for a job at ChilLED. 😂

Srsly tho Mau5 if you're listening, you guys still hiring?
Yeah he seemed to recognize your handle when he read it.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Okay, it’s a handy voltage and a good number of diodes on a small form-factor and at a decent price (even if it still requires the most expensive of heatsinks).

Definitely a good way to pack a bunch of light into a small space... and will probably be a great compliment on COB builds.

But it’s 100% contrary to the ProGrow video he recently posted - in that video they are touting a design where LEDs are equally spaced across the entire footprint of the grow space, providing for even, deep coverage - even in the corners.

It’s physically difficult for me to say this (being a rabid HLG/QB promoter), but if these Photon Fantom boards have shown me anything it’s that these LM561Cs work even better when spread-out over greater distances.

I’m sure this will be a useful product for some.

I’ll reserve final judgement for the numbers demo.
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Probably a move to gain even more market share. There is people buying and using cobs, now they can keep the same fixture they have and just screw in this new board.
de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 am
Okay, it’s a handy voltage and a good number of diodes on a small form-factor and at a decent price (even if it still requires the most expensive of heatsinks).

Definitely a good way to pack a bunch of light into a small space... and will probably be a great compliment on COB builds.

But it’s 100% contrary to the ProGrow video he recently posted - in that video they are touting a design where LEDs are equally spaced across the entire footprint of the grow space, providing for even, deep coverage - even in the corners.

It’s physically difficult for me to say this (being a rabid HLG/QB promoter), but if these Photon Fantom boards have shown me anything it’s that these LM561Cs work even better when spread-out over greater distances.

I’m sure this will be a useful product for some.

I’ll reserve final judgement for the numbers demo.
Yeah, both you and Grower both bring up good points. I didn't come from using COB's so these may be more than I'd be willing to invest in initially, as I don't have those type of pin heatsinks just laying around. I got caught up in the hype of the product and had overlooked the actual costs after having to buy those heatsinks and then adding on drivers.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Don’t get me wrong... if I can get ‘em, I will. But probably just to have a board with that stupid logo on it.

#fanboy
#i❤️Mau5
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...