Intro & Various "lm561C" board builds from Shenzen

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:34 pm

i think i will try to get some on alibaba instead of f-series.
contacted all suppliers i could find.
meijiu didn't reply.
hansion's qb are sold out.
Just write them one more time, they will answer you don't worry.
What I do is searching (on alibaba) for "lm561c pcb" and look for supplier who are on the business for some time, gold or assessed suppliers maybe.
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

after no responses through alibaba chat, inquiries and orders, i tried to contact meijiu trough their listed email and they replied instantly.

anyway, funniest thing ever just happened:
Hansion replied as they were out of stock and told me they were about to start producing a 308 LED board tomorrow. but they asked me for a minimum order quantity of 8 boards with 35$/piece (65$ shipping). when i told them i didn't need that many boards, they advised me to buy directly from their US-customer which turned out to be HLG, to save cost . :lol: on RIU i read complaints about the Chinese stealing product plans and selling the stuff on their own. when in this case they actually redirected me to the genuine product
Attachments
Screenshot_20180304-190634.jpg
Screenshot_20180304-190634.jpg (187.48 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
Last edited by tazztone on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:04 am
after no responses through alibaba chat, inquiries and orders, i tried to contact meijiu trough their listed email and they replied instantly.

anyway, funniest thing ever just happened:
Hansion replied as they were out of stock and told me they were about to start producing a 308 LED board tomorrow. but they asked me for a minimum order quantity of 8 boards with 35$/piece (65$ shipping). when i told them i didn't need that many boards, they advised me to buy directly from their US-customer which turned out to be HLG, to save cost . :lol: on RIU i read complaints about the Chinese stealing product plans and selling the stuff on their own. when in this case they actually redirected me to the genuine product
Brilliant. Finally the HLG supplier was officially revealed. Now everybody just needs to nudge them to put out out boards with 90CRI ;)
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i start to wonder if what i rather want is something like a H/F/Q-series strip but with an aluminum PCB instead. i found some suppliers claiming they use LM561c and 15*560mm aluminum PCB. these dimensions render them more universally usable for DIY compared to quantum boards, while retaining the good heat dissipation and better light spread possibilities. shipping would be cheaper as well i suppose.
majorana wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:05 pm
Now everybody just needs to nudge them to put out out boards with 90CRI
isn't the problem with high CRI that some efficiency (lm/W) is lost? Or do the plants like higher CRI more, resulting in the same PPF/W? i doubt it.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:30 pm
i start to wonder if what i rather want is something like a H/F/Q-series strip but with an aluminum PCB instead. i found some suppliers claiming they use LM561c and 15*560mm aluminum PCB. these dimensions render them more universally usable for DIY compared to quantum boards, while retaining the good heat dissipation and better light spread possibilities. shipping would be cheaper as well i suppose.
majorana wrote:
isn't the problem with high CRI that some efficiency (lm/W) is lost? Or do the plants like higher CRI more, resulting in the same PPF/W? i doubt it.
Well if you decide to order so hard strips from alibaba let us know!

The CRI questions is still pending. On riu.org someone made a test grow if I'm not mistaken and results are inconclusive.
Btw my citizen 1212s are cri90 and the spectrum is shifted towards the red wavelengths, should be better for flowering. But probably the more light is better than higher cri
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
We knows for sure that a higher CRI produces less photons. It's actually a pretty big difference, which can be about 15% when going from 80CRI to 90CRI in terms of lumens-per-watt.

The other element in play is the light spectrum, and there's a growing body of anecdotal experience (including on the blog) to suggest that a higher CRI more than compensates for the drop in efficacy. There's no final word on that just yet, and it seems everybody is trying to figure it out in all sorts of manners.

I got to talk with one commercial grower who told me he did in-house experimenting and found 3000@90CRI to work best for flower, so I'm sold on that -- but who knows.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

HLG switched their PCB builder to an American company though... I wonder if it's only for a few boards and they still get them from this company as well, or if these guys are full of shit.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

tazztone wrote:
majorana wrote:
Wait, the f-series strips from samsung are not metal core pcb? Why would they skimp on that when they are loaded with 72 diodes per 2' strip? Kinda disappointed if they don't use aluminum in their strips, and idk if I want to purchase them anymore. And yeah, I did place an order for several aluminum 275mm and 560mm strips from alibaba which look like generic h-series strips. Will post them when they arrive.

Also, dude who bought the 288pc. Meiju board wrote me back telling me he solved the heat issue by simply swapping out the LRS driver for a HLG120h-48, and he claims it is comparable to the spectrum king 140 closet case which he is running it right next to. I'll post a screenshot of his email.
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 3.31.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 3.31.15 PM.png (146.49 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

as LG kindly pointed out to me: "The Samsung engine calculator lists the F562B PCB material as CEM (composite epoxy material)".
de la soil wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 am
I did place an order for several aluminum 275mm and 560mm strips from alibaba
which company? what did you pay?
Attachments
12x1000mm strip.PNG
12x1000mm strip.PNG (176.65 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
Last edited by tazztone on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.