Need advice 312led quantum board drivers

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi everyone,

Hope you're fine,

Well well well, I got back in the business and been interrested in COB then seen the amasing result of QB and then dreamed about HLG product.

Which lead me here on this :

I will get 2 x 312 board LM561C S6, will you this drivers HLG-240H-C2100B but I fear It can handle 250w, each board could run 50-145w so maybe I must look for another bigger ?

Thank you very much !

(Ps : Currently i use cheap chinese 50w led bulb with IR UV and blue red led really want to change this thing that frighten me about fire etc)
Attachments
led2.jpg
led1.jpg
Last edited by Astralou on Tue May 22, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aolelon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Why don't you save yourself the trouble, pay 20$ more and get a QB that you know is legit?
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/p ... 6693212252
That would be your best bet. You know youre going to get a quality product with real lm561c
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Well as I said I live in EU, so there is a lot more thank 20$ difference. Trust me I would have if not : (

From HLG it's 65usd + 30 usd shipping + 20 customs taxes = 115$ versus 55$ shipped. Huge gap
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Astralou wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:49 am
Well as I said I live in EU, so there is a lot more thank 20$ difference. Trust me I would have if not : (

From HLG it's 65usd + 30 usd shipping + 20 customs taxes = 115$ versus 55$ shipped. Huge gap
Have you looked into sourcing strips? The bridgelux eb gen 2, and vesta series are a pretty good bang for the buck. If you are good at constructing frames and such, and can source aluminum angle or u channel. They are a really good option.

These lights you linked are almost certainly better than what you have now, but they might be 10-30% less than strips or cobs that you can buy and know what you are getting.

If that's all you can get, see how it works. If you can source a cob or strip build cheaper or a bit more, I would go with cobs or strips. As long as you are handy with diy.
NothinYet is my nickname
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I would look at the kits here: https://www.diyleduk.co.uk/diy-led-kits

It's in the UK, so there's no customs. Also, the light you posted doesn't include a driver, so the 150w kit from DIY LED UK will probably come out to the same price.

Edit: That link you provided on eBay says it ships from the US, anyway, so why wouldn't you be paying customs?
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for all your answer,

From what I seen the guy are willing to ship to the US but he have stocks in spain. I have asked him anyway, waiting for an answer.

Concerning DIY I am very not handy at all, no tools and no skills (but i can learn, and must especially if i buy this board bulk)

Concerning Diyleduk well I saw it's a legit guy but it's 58cm strips, only plug and play available (165 gpb) and 3000k (versus 5000k for the board) , additionnal 20gpb for the shipping it"s total of 264 in USD.
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Yes, but the eBay board still doesn't have a driver, which will probably cost you another $100, if not more.
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I saw this board http://www.flowerpowerbologna.it/epages ... ducts/6000 on another forum. It's more expensive, but it also has more diodes. And shipping probably won't take as long either.
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the replies I'll check this :geek:

Beside that I find new Meanwell HLG-240H-24A for 35€ it wil fit well for the conoisseur ?

Thank you very much
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

In europe you can save 10-20e by getting the ELG series, rather then the HLG. Both have the same efficiency, perhaps HLG is a little more robust since it has a longer warranty.

You might want to look at your heat sink options in advance, if your broke and in Europe. In my case I realized that the same heat sinks that cost 3-4$ on alibaba cost 30-40$ over here, and even simple alu u-profile costs more then the strips. Here the cheaper solution seemed to be to get double the lights (to cut heat by half)and the fan covering my plant keeps the strips at 34c, rather then pay more for a heat sink.

Vesta strips cost 8e a piece, and run at 50w nominal, 100w max, so not sure which path leads to greatest savings. Digikey offers free delivery for orders over 50e.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"