Quantum board with a line going dim

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
F.N. led
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

You are the man FlippyNips thank you.
F.N. led
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I will admit the representative for the company is very helpful so far. Good morning.
We guess the one led was cold solder joint, maybe you can let your son check it.
Please let me know if any questions.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards
Rita
They are working with me and will replace the board but I will believe it when it is done. I am going the fuse route too that was explained in a earlier post.
F.N. led
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

They are sending me a board the dimmer is cheap and no good. I am also getting the price of the dimmer off of my next purchase. But I will look for better dimmers from here on in. it was 135 watts they use alot of power to run a dimmer.
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

What kind of dimmer is it? I'd be surprised if the dimmer would damage the board like that.
F.N. led
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

A cheap 10 dollar dimmer with suspect soldering as my son in law put it. It was the dimmer as soon as I unplugged it the light worked great even with a line dimmed. The good news is they are sending me another board and I will find a better dimmer. The ends were cold soldered that is possible too that the soldering job was not up to par. It worked for up to a week and a half to two week it was never touched in that time. What would u think it might be my man? If not the dimmer
IMG_9370 dimmer board.jpg
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

F.N. led wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 pm
A cheap 10 dollar dimmer with suspect soldering as my son in law put it. It was the dimmer as soon as I unplugged it the light worked great even with a line dimmed. The good news is they are sending me another board and I will find a better dimmer. The ends were cold soldered that is possible too that the soldering job was not up to par. It worked for up to a week and a half to two week it was never touched in that time. What would u think it might be my man? If not the dimmer
IMG_9370 dimmer board.jpg.
Hmm, maybe? If the dimmer isn't properly regulating the voltage, I suppose it could be causing the lights to overheat? And the cold solder joints could definitely cause reliability problems. I know, I did an awful soldering job on a microcontroller and it only works half the time!!
FlippyNips
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

It looks like it just provides 0-10V signal to the power supply and doesn't alter the current to the boards directly.

I think a simple 100k ohm potentiometer set up would be better for this application.
Eman
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

FlippyNips wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 am
It looks like it just provides 0-10V signal to the power supply and doesn't alter the current to the boards directly.

I think a simple 100k ohm potentiometer set up would be better for this application.
I didn't care much for those dimmers, had them (meijiu) swap em' out for normal potentiometers and lower the price a little.
F.N. led
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Eman wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:50 am
FlippyNips wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 am

I didn't care much for those dimmers, had them (meijiu) swap em' out for normal potentiometers and lower the price a little.
That is what they are doing and replacing the board. There customer service is a lot better then there dimmer boxes. LOL